Help on choosing car under £550

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emry7368

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will have around 550 at the most soon and I'm looking for a good car. My options I have found so far are arrma notorious (535) arrma mojave (565) and rovan shorty baja (450) I know its not electric bit most of the others where that's why I put it in this category.
I'm looking for something at least 8th scale, fast ,durable one of the main reasons I like the baja is because I love petrol engine cars so that will be a bit of a bigger factor. Thanks for any suggestions

I highly recommend the Baja 5b shorty. I converted mine to the shorty and it is a fun car.
It isn't the fastest thing in the world but sometimes that doesn't matter.

EXB Mojave ROLLER with Max6 combo 1650kv BEAST !
Best car i believe, hurry buy one. Soon they are gone.
They will come as RTR with poor electronics .

They have cancel the rollers now. Hurry buy one
MAX6 Combo

I had mine 2years soon, only service, never broke anything.
SICK actually

550 you should find something good take any advice from here I usually don’t buy I build but a lot knowledge here so see and feel what’s right for you and what you want to do. Dirt, street ect.

Kind of depends what kind of driving you want to do and what kind of area you have to drive in. The Mojave is awesome but not meant for Jumping, the Notorious would be better for that. The Rovan Baja I'll defer to @Tunedpipe he is the one to ask about that.

The Rovan Baja is a fun rig but it's not for bashing hard. I run mine out on the sand at the dunes. I get a kick out of the rooster tail of sand it throws.
It is too big and bulky and not designed for jumping. She is pretty heavy also. It definitely is a head turner to folks anywhere close.
For speed, this wouldn't be the best choice.
I installed the shorty conversion kit and was well worth it.
I am also building a shelf queen which will be full aluminum with a 45cc engine.
Personally, I would go with the Notorious if you want a good "just about do anything" truck.

Did you take into account batteries, charger and/or any needed upgrades?

EXB Mojave ROLLER with Max6 combo 1650kv BEAST !
Best car i believe, hurry buy one. Soon they are gone.
They will come as RTR with poor electronics .

They have cancel the rollers now. Hurry buy one
MAX6 Combo

I had mine 2years soon, only service, never broke anything.
SICK actually
Hey, the rolling chassis alone is over my budget plus the combo so I can't get that
Kind of depends what kind of driving you want to do and what kind of area you have to drive in. The Mojave is awesome but not meant for Jumping, the Notorious would be better for that. The Rovan Baja I'll defer to @Tunedpipe he is the one to ask about that.
Yeah , I prefer the look of the mojave I think because the body actually looks proportional. Have you got any other suggestions that I haven't listed?
The Rovan Baja is a fun rig but it's not for bashing hard. I run mine out on the sand at the dunes. I get a kick out of the rooster tail of sand it throws.
It is too big and bulky and not designed for jumping. She is pretty heavy also. It definitely is a head turner to folks anywhere close.
For speed, this wouldn't be the best choice.
I installed the shorty conversion kit and was well worth it.
I am also building a shelf queen which will be full aluminum with a 45cc engine.
Personally, I would go with the Notorious if you want a good "just about do anything" truck.
Hi , how fast would you say the baja is? And how would you rate the durability. The only concern I would have is the noise and people not liking me bring it to places.
Did you take into account batteries, charger and/or any needed upgrades?
Yes

where do you live ?

RTR Mojave is more expensive than EXB Roller.

Anyways it will be about 150bucks more running than the RTR , EXB with Max6 kombo is alot better than RTR, 100% worth it.

If i was you, i buy the roller first, these are sold out soon.
Next month the combo and radio, servo

Check that video , they jump and drive like maniacs. EXB Mojave takes sick beating

RIVAL MT10 is cheap, needs only RPM a arms. then you have a very durable fun car

where do you live ?

RTR Mojave is more expensive than EXB Roller.

Anyways it will be about 150bucks more running than the RTR , EXB with Max6 kombo is alot better than RTR, 100% worth it.

If i was you, i buy the roller first, these are sold out soon.
Next month the combo and radio, servo

Check that video , they jump and drive like maniacs. EXB Mojave takes sick beating

RIVAL MT10 is cheap, needs only RPM a arms. then you have a very durable fun car

I can get rtr for 555, roller is 569 +230 for combo

Used ?

Be carefully if it is new, can be scam

Here you can see the prices

UK
rtr https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/326640/ £719.00
EXB https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/333092/ £589.00

US
rtr https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...ert-racer-black-green-v2-ara7604v2t1/p1274547 Price: $669.99
EXB https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...r-1-7-4wd-desert-truck-black-ara7204/p1271302 Price: $499.99

If you really like the 1/7 mojave

i would buy EXB without any questions.
It have TONS of Options.
The strongest Car i have, with MAX6 kombo it is a beast.

RTR electronics sucks sadly. also chassie and chassie towers sucks in that RTR.

EXB is worth wait one extra month for, buy first roller, next month combo and radio

And like i said
They have cancel now the EXB Roller, these comes RTR only soon with poor electronics.
All EXB Rollers will be EXB-RTR soon sadly

Anyone who want a EXB Roller must be fast, buy one.
Soon they are sold out

Used ?

Be carefully if it is new, can be scam

Here you can see the prices

UK
rtr https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/326640/ £719.00
EXB https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/333092/ £589.00

US
rtr https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...ert-racer-black-green-v2-ara7604v2t1/p1274547 Price: $669.99
EXB https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...r-1-7-4wd-desert-truck-black-ara7204/p1271302 Price: $499.99

If you really like the 1/7 mojave

i would buy EXB without any questions.
It have TONS of Options.
The strongest Car i have, with MAX6 kombo it is a beast.

RTR electronics sucks sadly. also chassie and chassie towers sucks in that RTR.

EXB is worth wait one extra month for, buy first roller, next month combo and radio

And like i said
They have cancel now the EXB Roller, these comes RTR only soon with poor electronics.
All EXB Rollers will be EXB-RTR soon sadly

Anyone who want a EXB Roller must be fast, buy one.
Soon they are sold out
From the official arrma - Mojave 6S BLX 1/7 Desert Truck Blk/Grn https://amzn.eu/d/5hSUBr7

Something is wrong.

Dont mind that, you saw my links, there is the real prices

and this amazon thing says also Currently unavailable.

It will never be avaible with that price.

Something is wrong.

Dont mind that, you saw my links, there is the real prices

and this amazon thing says also Currently unavailable.

It will never be avaible with that price.
Hi,I know what your saying but that is the official arrma and I don't know where your seeing currently unavailable it is available for me

okey, to me it says unawaible

i dont think arrma sell at Amazon ?
something must be wrong

Good luck anyways

Check out the Rival MT10 that is cheap , you only need RPM A arms then it is a tank

There is two videos linked post no 9

Check out the Rival MT10 that is cheap , you only need RPM A arms then it is a tank

There is two videos linked post no 9
I don't mind the car it's just as I said in the post maybe looking foe something a bit bigger

big and cheap is hard

I say to all beginners=
go by durability first always if you need a dayly driver / first car

After you have 2-3 strong cars you are safe=
then buy what others you like by looks to drive sometimes

You need very strong cars in beginning, to be able have alot fun, and less wrenching is important in start

i Have couple huge 1/5 cars
i almost never drive them. They weight alot, not fun carry and handle them, wrenching is also hard with big heavy cars.
They look cool, Everything else is pain. Expensive parts also.

And they are not so fun to drive like the 10 and 8th scales.
The smaller cars are alert, quick, easy handle, alot more fun actually

big and cheap is hard

I say to all beginners=
go by durability first always if you need a dayly driver / first car

After you have 2-3 strong cars you are safe=
then buy what others you like by looks to drive sometimes

You need very strong cars in beginning, to be able have alot fun, and less wrenching is important in start

i Have couple huge 1/5 cars
i almost never drive them. They weight alot, not fun carry and handle them, wrenching is also hard with big heavy cars.
They look cool, Everything else is pain. Expensive parts also.

And they are not so fun to drive like the 10 and 8th scales.
The smaller cars are alert, quick, easy handle, alot more fun actua
Yeah tenth scales are fun I have one and drive 14th scale and 8th too

Back