help me choose a charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datboi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
so i just spend hours looking at all the SKYRC chargers, why do they make so many? most of them are extremely similar to each other.

i'm looking for a charger with a lot of functions if not more like the B6 i have. i don't charge battery pack's most of the time keep in mind.

i charge lipo's liion's nimh and pb.

out of all of their range, i recon the e680, s65 , and T100 are the best

the t-100 is definitely appealing to me as it has 2 charging ports, of those is pretty similar. what do you guys recommend between those 3?

is it just me or mostly they have the same functions, and the biggest difference is the charging power?

i'm also looking for this charger to last me a long time. not looking to buy a new one anytime soon
i just realized the s65 and t100 can't charge single batteries.

seems like the only series ones that can charge single cells are the b6 series and the e680, which is better?

Last edited:
just realized the s65 and t100 can't charge single batteries.

seems like the only series ones that can charge single cells are the b6 series and the e680, which is better?

can someone tell me the difference between the e680, b6 v2, b6 evo, and b6 v2 AC (i'm guessing it's equal to the b6 v2 only it's a/c?)

Last edited:
If you want to buy a charger that does more than most, get this one.
https://www.racedayquads.com/search?type=product&q=Hota*+d6*+pro*

I don't know of a better charger out there for that price. Well built, performs like a champ, and plenty of headroom if you scale up and need a powerful charger.
Looks good. However It's doesn't seem to have many more features than the e380 (ones I would use anyways) and it's double the price

Besides to be honest i like the 4 Button style of the skyrc range

Those people are literally up the street for me...... 😂🤣

Can the charger check cell IR?
Yes. It only shows it while charging. But that is usually when I look at it anyway, as soon as I start.

Looks good. However It's doesn't seem to have many more features than the e380 (ones I would use anyways) and it's double the price

Besides to be honest i like the 4 Button style of the skyrc range
That T100 charger is 50w x 2. That is a weak charger for $65. I am betting the balance circuit is pretty weak on it too, like <1000mAh. Which all adds up to being the reason it will only charge up to 4S, and I bet even at that it is going to bog down on big packs.

We've been down this road a number of times on here where people bought a sub-par charger, then came back asking for suggestions for a better one shortly after that. That D6 Pro is all the charger you will ever need, at a good price. Just my 2 pennies.

I have just bought the e680 and am very happy with it. I previously had the htrc b6 mini, I assume this was a clone of the skyrc b6? The e680 feels much more robust. It seems to work perfectly and also measures IR. Structurally the htrc b6 had the balance ports built in on the side, the e680 has them on an external board which feels less robust. The b6 came with an external and bulky mains transformer the e680 must have the transformer internally which makes it neater. I am a newbie so beware but I didnt buy the t100 as it seemed to focus on the ability to charge different battery types at the same time which I did not need. Given they are similar prices I'd rather the money was focused on what I need rather than what I dont need and currently I have no plans to step up to bigger batteries than my 2s's so power is not important to me. I am a newbie - so dont take what I say too seriously!