HELP! Balance Port Adapters/ISDT D2 MK2/3S to 6S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davep1010

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have been into R/C cars for decades but this is my first venture into the world of LiPo powered R/C's. I figured I was doing everything right by buying all the Adapters I would need to insure the batteries worked with my cars speed controller/ charging unit.

The one adapter I seen to have gotten wrong was the 1-6S balance board adapter so my 3s batteries can connect to the 6S balance port on the ISDT D2 MK2 charger. But the cable coming off the board isn't the same connector. It has a the squeeze clip for securing the connection but the charger doesn't have that and there's a small notch on the charger that's not on the connector so even if the clip wasn't there it would not fit.

I've attached pics of the connector and chargers port. Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

20220828_172435.jpg

20220828_172450.jpg

Cut the clip off. No worries.
My old SkyRC vharger has that clip, but regular balance plugs and the ones with the clip are the same.
20220828_181017.jpg

20220828_181033.jpg

Looks like a standard JST-XH connector only with a clip on top for some reason. You should be able to just cut that clip off of there and plug it in I believe. That being said, I take no responsibility if I'm mistaken lol

There's still the notch on the chargers balance port. I'm not modifying the cable until I know these leads match up. If rather not blow up a lipo

If you just cut that latch off, the connector will go in. And it will only go in one way.

Those 6 little slots are to clear the 2 ribs on the connector. So in your two pictures, the cable is upside down to the port on the charger.

That balance plugin on the charger is designed to accept 2s, 3s, 4s, and so on balance plugs. So those 6 notches are to clear each plug type.

Here is the orientation the plug needs to go in. I rotated your pic 180° 😉

The arrow pointing to the notches... those notches don't locate on anything.
20220828_201731.jpg

The red line shows the little rib, and it goes into the little slots at the bottom of the port.
Untitled133_20220828202021.png

Last edited:
If you just cut that latch off, the connector will go in. And it will only go in one way.

Those 6 little slots are to clear the 2 ribs on the connector. So in your two pictures, the cable is upside down to the port on the charger.

That balance plugin on the charger is designed to accept 2s, 3s, 4s, and so on balance plugs. So those 6 notches are to clear each plug type.

Here is the orientation the plug needs to go in. I rotated your pic 180° 😉

The arrow pointing to the notches... those notches don't locate on anything.
View attachment 151362

The red line shows the little rib, and it goes into the little slots at the bottom of the port.
View attachment 151363
Thank you! I feel like a dumb ass.

At the risk of looking more stupid... do I even need the balance board adapter since the battery balance connector on the 3S battery does fit... but if I don't need it... do I plug in to the left or right? I'm thinking they may have designed it for universal fit without the damn adapter... but I know the main current goes through the outside wires on the ribbon so technically those leads wouldn't match up and the charger would need extra circuitry to accommodate that.

Either way. Thank you for solving this simple issue.

Your thumb in the pic is covering up a polarity symbol. Look at the symbol, and match the cable. The cable should be located towards the negative side when using 2s, 3s, etc.

Thank you! I feel like a dumb ass.

At the risk of looking more stupid... do I even need the balance board adapter since the battery balance connector on the 3S battery does fit... but if I don't need it... do I plug in to the left or right? I'm thinking they may have designed it for universal fit without the damn adapter... but I know the main current goes through the outside wires on the ribbon so technically those leads wouldn't match up and the charger would need extra circuitry to accommodate that.

Either way. Thank you for solving this simple issue.
You dont need the balance board but for me personally I like em because it gives me a little room to work with having to pick up the charger every time. Either way, doesn't matter