HBZ AX10 Build Stage 2: East End Machining, Mayhem, and CDW

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's absolutely beautiful. I got my ARTR in the mail yesterday and I can't WAIT to start on it.

wow, that looks fantastic!!! i'll trade ya lol. good job.

I think it's absolutely beautiful. I got my ARTR in the mail yesterday and I can't WAIT to start on it.

Thanks Charlie! It definitely would not look this good without the products from East End Machining, its great to have you guys around!

I am thinking about seeing if Mayhem engineering can get me some rings for the beadlocks done in orange to match. Or would that be too much? Maybe black would look better.

wow, that looks fantastic!!! i'll trade ya lol. good job.

Thank you!! Trade? I haven't even driven it yet :D

Thanks Charlie! It definitely would not look this good without the products from East End Machining, its great to have you guys around!

I am thinking about seeing if Mayhem engineering can get me some rings for the beadlocks done in orange to match. Or would that be too much? Maybe black would look better.

Thank you!! Trade? I haven't even driven it yet :D

If you need to have anything anodized that you already have, you just let me know. I'm hoping to have you a set of EEM wheels on that rig pretty soon.

Those Vanquish wheels are sweet.

I like the weighed slugs feature.

Yeap the Vanquish and Mayhem wheels are both beautiful. Mayhem takes the cake in the looks department I think, but the weighted Vanquish wheels are SWEET. I plan to get some soon. I love my MSD's though, and I hope the Vnaquish wheels hold a bead like the MSD and Mayhem wheels.

yeah there was a guy at the comp with the wheels that had the little round weights in them and they looked awesome, i really like the "bling" look on these crawlers.

Yeap the Vanquish and Mayhem wheels are both beautiful. Mayhem takes the cake in the looks department I think, but the weighted Vanquish wheels are SWEET. I plan to get some soon. I love my MSD's though, and I hope the Vnaquish wheels hold a bead like the MSD and Mayhem wheels.

Black on black is on my want list for the Vanquish wheels.

Which Mayhem's are you referring to?

NVM...I found them.

I am not sure I like the solid look. Bearings are a great idea though.

Yeah the Mayhem Double Phattys are cool, I almost bought a set. They hold weights like the revolvers and such, but they use ball bearings so the weight is always at the bottom of the wheel. They clank around a lot though, and they sure don't look as good IMO. I'm going to be designing some scale bling really soon, and I think you guys will be surprised at ole Charlie and his crawler parts.

If you need to have anything anodized that you already have, you just let me know. I'm hoping to have you a set of EEM wheels on that rig pretty soon.

Really :whhooo: Been looking for somebody to do anodizing! Mmm more wheels. can't wait to see what you come up with Charlie. If you need any help or opinions let me know, I designed all the rings for mayhems newest 1.9's. I know you will do a great job though.

even better atleast u wont know exactly what your giving up lol.:D

Haha! Very true. I actually already started planning the next stage for this build. You will be able to guess what it is going to be shortly...

All those wheels are great. Vanquish wheels hold a bead REALLY well, one of the best I have seen. I know Steve @ VP personally and they are great guys to deal with.

Black on black is on my want list for the Vanquish wheels.

Which Mayhem's are you referring to?

NVM...I found them.

I am not sure I like the solid look. Bearings are a great idea though.

My buddy John has a set of the very first Vanquish prototype wheels, he bought them black on black, only set made. Talk about BEAUTIFUL :whhooo:

The bearings in the Mayhem DP's work great. I ran those wheels on my TLT comp rig, I am sure they helped with my 1st place finish in Nor-Cal for the season :first_place:

Yeah the Mayhem Double Phattys are cool, I almost bought a set. They hold weights like the revolvers and such, but they use ball bearings so the weight is always at the bottom of the wheel. They clank around a lot though, and they sure don't look as good IMO. I'm going to be designing some scale bling really soon, and I think you guys will be surprised at ole Charlie and his crawler parts.

I agree, I dont like the solid ring. However crawlers are generally function over form so they fit the bill. When I ran my DP's I got quite a few people asking WTF that noise was :hehe:

can't wait to see what you are up to!!

Looks like a top class Rig Nluv, I think you've made a great job of it so far. I am really starting to like the HBZ tuber chassis, but that sort of work is gonna be a long ways off for me at the rate I'm going at. Maybe after the '09 Nationals, depends how my competition AX-10 goes...

In my quest for rolling weights and memory foams at the same time I just picked up a set of Mayhem Phattys in black delrin (lighter version). The full beadlock disk looks kinda odd on em but it's not too bad.I'm used to clanking noise, I have 30 lead air rifle pellets in the Rock Claws at the moment, sound like the sea on a pebble beach when the wheels roll :p

Man that must sound like a baby rattle. The Mayhem phattys are nice wheels. I like the Delring version a lot. It's probably a good bit more quiet as well, and will definitely be better than all those pellets.

Back