HB Dirt Demon .26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZtiD25

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Whats your opinions on this MT? PICS This is the first time I've seen some close up pics of this truck. I think it looks very strong and durable. I am considering one of these, so a little honest feedback about the structure and design would be great.

Well, I have two things to say. I think Hot Bodies is working with HPI or they are on a Shared ownership or something. They come out with similar stuff. Like hotbodies makes a TON of Savage parts, and they have the Jump Start kit which is exactly like the Hpi's Roto Start thingy. Also, Twizted...didnt you Just buy a Savage? Not happy with it?
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I dont think the question is whether or not he is happy, just whether or not he has enough hehehe.... Cause I know I could go for every MT out there!!!

Looks great - and yes, HotBodies is in the sack with HPI. :thumbsup:

I like the solid bottom A Arms and the shock setup the most.

I am very happy with the SAVAGE. Like Christian said, nothing wrong with having more, more, more:hehe: I like the way everything looks totally solid. Those spring loaded body clips are cool too:thumbsup:

Ya, thats a Cool Invention. But, How much Monster Trucks Are you shooting for?? You need to know when to stop, and thats not when you sell your car to buy a RB WS7, or a 1/4 Gas.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Damn, you sound like my girlfriend!!! I can afford to buy whatever MT I want. And that doesn't mean I have to sell my car.

the bumper is hideous!...if you do get it go for another bumper. it looks like it will have slightly more ground clearance than the savage. Cool Truck!

I have a thunder quake.. and I swear this dirt demon looks just like it.. anybody know what's different?

its not a duratrax...

The DD seems Way Better built, I believe the shock setup is diffrent, and so is the chassis layout...okay, almost everything is diffrent.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

from the pics of the DD I can't see a difference in the over all chassis layout.. thanx for the reply.. I'm trading the tq for a savage... peace

If hot bodies and hpi are colaberating on this truck........does it suffice to say that this is a new and imporved savage???? I think i'm going to roll the dice and preorder this truck. Wish me luck!

seems like a twisted thunder quake to me...
one cool thing is that all the proline (yeah, all two, lol) big joe series tires are a direct fit to those big thunder quake style rims.

Worlds first Dirt Demon owner

I wish I could say something nice about this big truck, but I can't. It all started on Wednesday the 14th. I went to the lhs and picked one up for $470.

The first thing I noticed upon pulling it out of the box was that there were a plethora of loose screws, nuts and other important fastners all over the truck, not to mention an oil stain in the box from a leaky shock. I also noticed that the gearbox was very noisy when you pushed the truck to and fro. The guy at the lhs said this was normal becasue the truck was breaking in.. So, after going over the whole thing with a screwdriver I was ready to fire this bad boy up. Break-in went well thanks to the Roto-start, I did my 3 tank heat-cycle, babied the hell out of it for the following 2 tanks spitting fuel out of the pipe the whole time.

Now it was time to have some fun... after warming it up to around 240 I brought back in nice and close, stopped, and then punched it... The truck hardly moved, after several seconds of holding it punched it slowly started to roll up to speed and finally hit top end... It was obvious that the tranny was stuck in second gear so I made some adjustments. It worked, the truck was launching well but running very freaking hot, so I started trying to tune it a little. No matter what I did it ran hot as hell so, back to the lhs I go(thursday 15th). The dude sells me a couple colder plugs, puts a new seal in a leaking front shock and sends me on my way.

I fire the thing up, it still runs hot for me no matter how rich I make it and the trans is stuck in second again!! Now I'm getting annoyed, Friday 16th I take it to the lhs and tell them about f'ed up truck, they tell me call tomorrow, we'll rip apart and see what's up. Turns out the diffs were shimmed way to tight and they found even more things that were loose/screwed up. Saturday night I pick the truck up, take it home and fire it up. I warm it up, come to a stop and punch it.... it was just like before, stuck in second.. So I turn it off and start fiddling with the shift point adjustment. I put the cap back in, apply the Roto-start and guess what?? The roto-start turns freely without engaging the engine at all!!! :flaming: Now I'm freakin LIVID WTF is with this P.O.S.

The lhs says they are going to ask HotBodies to refund my money today(Monday 19th) and they are going to make them take the other Dirt Demons they have in stock back(I'll let you know what happens).

These guys(lhs) don't want anything to do with the truck and I don't think I do either.

Aside from the ridiculous problems, it is a cool truck. Perhaps if they could attach a pullstart and a working tranny it might be worth another look, but for now, avoid this thing like the plague!!!

Now I want the Monster GT, but I may die waiting for it to come out!! Damn production delays....:

Good luck on getting a refund from Hot Bodies. Check out my experience with HB... LINK

Crispy Critters RULE!!!!

Sorry to hear you had a hard time with Hot Bodies. My LHS Crispy Critters did the fighting for me and they did exactly what I said in my previous post. If you live in Northeast NJ see the guys over there, you can't beat their prices and they go to bat for you when the manufacturers screw up. Like I said THEY RULE !!!!

Yeah, I have dealt with Rich several times, and they really care about their people. Glad you got everything resolved:mex:

Very cool

You guys are so lucky to have a vast aray of MTs to choose from. We anly have Traxxas, HPI and Tamiya

diff prob

Well, I can say that I found the differentials were not shimmed correctly. When I first tried to roll the car by hand it was nearly impossible. But the problem was fixable by changing the placement of the shims on the center driveshafts going to the diffs.

A few screws on the driveshafts were locktited, but not many.

I got one tank of fuel through it at idle, but the roto-start thing started slipping a lot. Finally it gave out all together. I later found a few teeth on the pinion gear as well as another gear inside the hand held roto start broken off. I'm going to try and start it by drill and see what the performance is.

Back