Course construction help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9E235AD9-613D-4414-A147-70CAEC258759.jpeg

Rake the holy heck out of it
make it easy, let the kubota do the work 😁

Edit: @msphill88 you may also consider adding this to your tractor too( assuming you got the loader with it. Makes digging with the loader a lot easier (and great for brush removal and will protect the bucket edge)

https://www.bxpanded.com/toothbars

Last edited:
Tried actually tiling the box scraper the right way on my lunch break (only mad a few runs around) and it made a world of difference. I’ll be borrowing some weights to add to it and I think that will get me mostly there for the dirty path part of things. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Tried actually tiling the box scraper the right way on my lunch break (only mad a few runs around) and it made a world of difference. I’ll be borrowing some weights to add to it and I think that will get me mostly there for the dirty path part of things. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Pics or it isn't happening bro I wanna see.the progress lol

Ooph that is definitely way harder than I want to go. I was hoping to just try and maintain flat dirt to start with, and find a way to build ramps later on as this would be bashers running on the track for fun and not competing. Is what I'm looking to do not really viable?
This is the little track i have on my property. It has been built with nothing but a mini excavator, lawn tractor, and hand tools. Its not big, its not perfect, its a constant work in progress, but it is a blast with the rc trucks and my kids on their bikes!
I just used the excavator to scrape off the top layer of grass etc.
i do have to adress some areas that dont drain in the winter, that will be a project for later in the summer!
If your willing to put in the labour, I'm sure a fun home track can be yours!

IMG_2712.jpeg

This is the little track i have on my property. It has been built with nothing but a mini excavator, lawn tractor, and hand tools. Its not big, its not perfect, its a constant work in progress, but it is a blast with the rc trucks and my kids on their bikes!
i do have to adress some areas that dont drain in the winter, that will be a project for later in the summer!

View attachment 187152
Looks great! Helluva lot more fun that the flat field we have to play in.

That looks awesome and a ton of fun.

I love the loop in the left side of that pic. Just noticed that.

Is this the path?
Untitled179_20240402231331.png

View attachment 187152

I B Jealous! :thumbs-up:

Thats the path, pretty fun both directions, although the jumps have changed a bit since that pic.
Nice. Looks like a blast. I see rocks. Is there a rock crawler course in the works there?

Welcome to the RCT!!

View attachment 187152
this looks like a lot of fun and something I should of aimed for first... hah.

I only got a 2.5 laps in due to rain, but I definitely felt a lot better about what I can achieve with my tools after the advice -
1712145686553.png

this looks like a lot of fun and something I should of aimed for first... hah.

I only got a 2.5 laps in due to rain, but I definitely felt a lot better about what I can achieve with my tools after the advice - View attachment 187168

Looks like a good start! A landscape rake like shown on my tractor above could help clean that up (also works great on gravel driveway if that applies to your situation), a grader blade could too and double for snow removal maybe (not sure how much y’all get and your needs). Also post some pics of the tractor working 😜. Keep posting updates as you go, I’m still trying to plan mine out, still got a little bit of time waiting on the ground to dry up.

IMG_9456.jpeg

We had a few surprise days of snow, but it melted away and I was able to resume. Not only did I have it tilted the right way this time, I added about 100 pounds of weight. Looking much better now! Now we’re in for about a week of rain so that will delay me further but at least the rain should redistribute some earth and I’ll see how it effects the track area.

View attachment 187510
We had a few surprise days of snow, but it melted away and I was able to resume. Not only did I have it tilted the right way this time, I added about 100 pounds of weight. Looking much better now! Now we’re in for about a week of rain so that will delay me further but at least the rain should redistribute some earth and I’ll see how it effects the track area.

That looks good! Poor man way to knock down the dirt clumps would be to drag a piece of chain link fence or an old mattress inner spring around it when it dries some more