Hardcore maxx build build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, I made what I think is a good trade. My nephew has decided to get back into the nitro hobby. We dug his stuff out this weekend. think he has like 6 nitro's in total. They have been sitting for ever. We got one old #4910 wide maxx running this weekend. Okay back to the deal I made. He had a big block maxx truck with a conversion I have never seen before. I will post pics later to see if you guys can help identify it. The deal was I could have the truck for $125.00 if I rebuilt this Maxx for him. It has a what I think is a harcore titanium chassis. A ofna .21 maxx with a aftermarket CNC machine cool head. I have a low budget to get it up and running for him. He gave me a pipe that I am not sure of so maybe someone can help me out.

View attachment 12386 Does anyone know brand of pipe.

View attachment 12387

View attachment 12388BEFORE PICS OF TRUCK

View attachment 12389

Last edited:
Yah that looks like it. I would guess thats it. Pipe is open hollow inside so I would not think it to be to restrictive. My nephew told me it was on the truck when he got it with that engine. He said he got tired of tearing out rear diff so he just basically tossed truck in the closet since he had a new 2.5 truck.

My nephew told me it was on the truck when he got it with that engine.

If it's stock he would probably be better off with a newer exhuast to help open the engine up a little more. There is a reason why everyone has ERCM and other aftermarket pipes.

If it's stock he would probably be better off with a newer exhuast to help open the engine up a little more. There is a reason why everyone has ERCM and other aftermarket pipes.

Yah I know this is not my first Maxx truck build just look at my other threads man. Trust me I do know what I am doing I have prob built like 10 maxx trucks frame frame out. Plus three Revo's. I know it would benefit from a better pipe, as I stated in the original build thread he is on a budget. Plus this engine has been sitting like 6 years prob, not sure it is even still good.

Update hardcore maxx cheap

Well I got the, rear diff rebuilt with the best used pieces I had. I packed the diff cup with plumbers puddy to tighten it up. Had to rebuild the rear shocks. got the chrome stripped off the factory wheels and dyed red. They came out nicer than I thought they would. He has a RC raven roll cage for it and a nice proline chevy body for it painted looks pretty nice. I drilled the stinger on the pipe as big as I could go, hope that helps. I polished the pipe out to. Have the rear re assambled. I will post pics later. Man that hardcore racing chassis is super light. Also it has a FOC in the trans.

Last edited:
Good stuff man,...work with what ya got

transmited from a mobile communications device

Lookin good,I think I have that same nutdriver in pic2

transmited from a mobile communications device

View attachment 12419

Well here it is finished wish I could have got more pics to load, but having camera prob. So this is a run down on the truck. I had to blow the hole rig apart. Upon inspection Relized the trans had a full robinson racing metal FOC gear set in it, wich was nice. Had to tear down both diffs and they were shot someone had the diffs playing tug o war on each other so you could emagine the damage that was done. I rebuilt them with the best used diff parts I had laying around. The rear diff was packed in plumbers pudding which after bashin the crap out of it today held up nice. had to tear engine completely down clean and scrub and soak ETC. And that pipe I drilled worked out nice also tons of bottom end torque had to rebuild all 8 shocks also. All in all for a budget build I think she came out nice. My nephew took it out today and beat it and I meen beat it hard and she didn't break so I am happy and he is happy. Also upgaded the reciever box to a 3.3 unit. I can tell ya this rig well never be this clean again. He is rough on his trucks.

Last edited: