Greenworks 80v system in my traxxas xmaxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fungi J

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Hey guys need some wisdom...my velineon 8s motor went out in my xmaxx magnets broke shredded it... well I did glue the magnets back in it and it went good 3 runs then the forth it was basically on fire from the drag in it.. neways the question I have and I know it's going to take some fab. Work but I have a greenworks 80v motor esc batteries the whole deal... was wondering if my hobbywing max 5 might run just the motor... ? Probly just overheat my max 5 and ruin it I'm thinking. But the 80v greenworks has a variable trigger on it.. couldnt I wire that to my reciever some how..? It has 2 main wires into it but also has the 3 signal wire aswell I was hoping I could just run the switch off the remote control.. if that makes anysense.. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and pretty good with wiring electronics big n small.. so with some guidance I figure I wont just light it up in flames.. the other idea I had was running a servo to just push the trigger and just keep the 80v system the way they had it but it just seems like I'd have issues with a servo running it mechanically.. oh 1 more thing I'm sending pics of the whole system but the motor runs backward to the one in the xmaxx as far as the case spins rather than the rotor.. I'll have to send another message with the remote voltage of the trigger and which way the 80 v motor spins I haven't checked it yet cw or ccw..thanks ahead of time I know this is probably the headache of the month but some people get into the challenge of things like this and to me seemed totally plausible..🤔 but totally understand if I'm bonkers let me know I can handle critisism.. so speak your mind... it's good to learn a little more each day...

20220923_154103.jpg

20220923_154041.jpg

20220923_154337.jpg

20220923_154357.jpg

20220923_154415.jpg

20220923_154107.jpg

First, I want to say that I admire your enginuity. Second, your bonkers 🤪

I'm guessing by the pics that motor won't have the correct torque/rpm range for the truck.

I'd recommend the hobby wing 1100kv or Jenny'sRC has some arrma factory 8s motors that would work with your max5

I'm no expert by any means and don't let my opinion deter you from trying it. In fact I encourage it and want to see pics and video.

I dont think I would attempt this. I just see too many hurdles to overcome. That being said what are the blue, black, and yellow wires comeing off of the trigger for? What do they connect to?

Welcome to the fun house of RCT. The traxxas electronics SUCK.. their main down fall. IMO
Got to say thats definitely thinking out side the box. But it wouldn't be possible to make work. Like @Mrgoodwrench35 and @Greywolf74 said above to many hurdles with the wiring and signal plus the motor wouldn't have the tourqe or the rpm's to run the truck. You want lots of power. Look into picking up hobbywing 1100kv since you have the max5. It's what I have in my Xmaxx but with the castle XLX2.

Well decided to put that idea on the back burner for now got a dynamite 750kv motor on my max six for now should be OP enough for me for now...for now...🤔😈

Max 5 or 6? And are you referring to the dynamite 5687?

That motor on a Max 6 will likely yield stinky smoke.

Yeah, watch the temps on the MAX6 (160F max). The Max6 is a 1/6 & 1/7 scale ESC and that Dynamite motor is a 1/5 scale motor. It may work just fine but like I said I would closely monitor temps on the ESC until you figure out if it can fully handle that motor.

I smoked a max 6 on an Xmaxx running a hobbywing 1100kv geared pretty low. My fault for not watching the Temps. It lasted maybe 10 minutes. Expensive mistake.

I smoked a max 6 on an Xmaxx running a hobbywing 1100kv geared pretty low. My fault for not watching the Temps. It lasted maybe 10 minutes. Expensive mistake.
The 750kV should draw a little less current than the 1100kV but yeah, Id be really careful either way :)

Good looking guys I'll be careful I'll keep my eye on it it's probably a good thing you said something though

20221008_162550.jpg

image2022-10-08 17-42-31-403908.jpg

Oops I guess this is picking you need

Attachments

• 20221011_143508.jpg
    20221011_143508.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 37