Great Lipo's for your $

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I run is Turnigy's.

Yea my brother and I have been using there lipo's for 2 years now along with one of their chargers. They work great and are so cheep to buy that I have 1/2 a dozen of them now.

I'm fixing to get my nephew a SC truck. Can 6-cell 3300's still be used? Brushed motors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but get a 2s lipo 5000mha, run times and power will be much better. Just inform yourself for safe lipo use. Brushed motors are still used, brushless is just less up keep.

Thanks for the update on the batteries. They sure are priced right.

What are the run times on these battries on average?

I got mine today, NICE

What are the run times on these battries on average?

That question is pretty hard to answer because everybody has a different driving style. One person may get 20 minutes and another 40. You can safely assume that you will get 25-30 mintues with 5000mah. Gearing, tire size and terrain all play a major roll in run time.

That question is pretty hard to answer because everybody has a different driving style. One person may get 20 minutes and another 40. You can safely assume that you will get 25-30 mintues with 5000mah. Gearing, tire size and terrain all play a major roll in run time.

Agreed.

Id say on average, doing nothing but speed runs up and down the road, we and my dads average about 40 minutes of run time. If were on the track, maybe 30 minutes or so.

I to like theTurnigy's great prices compared to the other brands

What Size battery would I use in a 6volt Radio? I'm new and clueless to the world of rechargable batts :\
Six volt radio? Can you be a little more specific than that?
Anyway...I have a bunch of Turnigy and Flightmax...both amazing batteries for the money.

My Turnigy's have been solid. In speed runs my SPC's pull a couple more mph for both being 30c, but I cannot feel a difference in acceleration.

Six volt radio? Can you be a little more specific than that?
Anyway...I have a bunch of Turnigy and Flightmax...both amazing batteries for the money.

yeah... it uses 4 aa batteries, unlike the standard 8, so I dont know what to use on it.:\

What transmitter? If you want help then you need to be more specific.

Some will not accept anything but rechargeable AA's without some mods.

Thanks Alpine exactly what I was thinking. You can also have your more pick you up a pack at the grocery store as well. Just be sure to ask real nicely.

I still dont understand how someone is SOOOOOOO good with electronics that he can make a solar powered rc, but can't figure out how to power his remote? Really? I'm going to the batcave. See the greenies and blue ladies there.