Great flying day!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about a boat I like that blackjack. But probably not Ideal for my first any suggestions??

Crawlers look awesome with all the hop ups they have. What would be a good starter. Like you said the crawlers are a good RC that doesn't really break to often. Sure I can find a way too thoug 🤣🤣
There'll be things that break, just no where near as often. I've taken plenty of tumbles off boulders, landing on top of rocks. Still way better than hitting rocks at +30mph, head on 😱

At $330 and rtr, I would absolutely recommend the Redcat Gen8V2. That Scout body is so sweet looking! Good crawler as is, or add $30 for 4 brass portal covers to lower the center of gravity, and this thing gets even better. As you start adding scale accessories, you're going to want to add more brass down low to counter the top heaviness......if you want to keep the rock crawling performance.
Cool beans thanks going look into that. There are so many out there its always overwhelming. When your looking into a new ride. Weather it's a Car truck boat plane crawler racer . Appreciate it man

Cool beans thanks going look into that. There are so many out there its always overwhelming. When your looking into a new ride. Weather it's a Car truck boat plane crawler racer . Appreciate it man
The solution is simple, buy 'em all! LOL
0615211729a.jpg

Last edited:
I would love a boat, but that requires access to water. 🤔 the only water between here and the ocean you have to pay to access. Unfortunately, the swimming pool just isn't big enough.

I've been looking at buying one of those gliders with the pusher style prop to learn with. Been telling myself for years I'm gonna get one and try it out.
Make sure you have a LOT of space to land if you get a glider type plane, they are so light they take a long runway to land. They are very mellow to fly though.

Yeah fortunately I got lake two blocks away. But still hung up on retrieval of it

We have a ton of ponding basins that would be great, but the state has them all fenced to protect the folks nature keeps trying to cull from the herd.