Great flying day!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Took the 64mm F-22 Raptor, and the T-28 Trojan out today. For this time of year I couldn't have asked for better conditions. 5 mile an hour headwind right down the runway makes take offs and landings perfect. 80 degrees at 9:am with a slight overcast, it was nice not staring into the sun. We have only been flying sporadically lately, thought I would be a little rusty today. Both planes behaved today and all of my landings were greased in perfectly. :banana: Great way to start the holiday weekend! Forgot to charge the go-pro though. :doh:

Hell yeah! finally cooled down out there I see on the west coast. And now it's crap on the east coast. LoL after a week of 100°+ and humidity to boot. I need to move to the rocky mountains. Back to Colorado

Awesome, I've been itching to get back into also. Never did give it time to get good at it but my first flight was flawless, the rest however.....

Awesome, I've been itching to get back into also. Never did give it time to get good at it but my first flight was flawless, the rest however.....

It does take a little time to master, but once you get past all the what not to do`s, it pretty fun.

I bought Realflight 9 before I actually tried it. Like I mentioned, my first flight was flawless and that was without flight assist.

Man flying looks like like of fun. Buy I have a problem with keeping my trucks/cars in one pc while on the ground. I could only imagine if I started to fly and crash. Lot more to fix then a arm or bent shock shaft
🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣😅

@Tunedpipe

Realflight is helpful to learn stick control. One of the things that helped me and I still do it with new planes, is just practice taking off and the landing, continuously, until you don't have to think about it. The flying part is easy.

Remember when landing it's important to get lined up on the runway and use throttle control to bring her in, not elevator. That way you only have to worry about keeping it straight and level, while you ease of the throttle.

Last edited:
Man flying looks like like of fun. Buy I have a problem with keeping my trucks/cars in one pc while on the ground. I could only imagine if I started to fly and crash. Lot more to fix then a arm or bent shock shaft
🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣😅
Growing up I was always an airplane nut, never thought I could afford rc planes until about 10 years ago when I realized they were not as expensive as they used to be. I won't sugar coat it, I destroyed quite a few before I got the hang of it, I learned the hard way by trial and error. If you can find a mentor or experienced rc pilot to teach you, it will save you a lot of money. One of the biggest mistakes newbies make, is to go out and buy a cool warbird or jet. Always start with a high wing trainer.

Oh yeah man. I would never jump head first into water I didn't know how deep it was. Definitely wouldn't try to buy or fly a jet out the gate.yeah they look sweet. But got to crawl before you walk or run with the big boys.

Took the 64mm F-22 Raptor, and the T-28 Trojan out today. For this time of year I couldn't have asked for better conditions. 5 mile an hour headwind right down the runway makes take offs and landings perfect. 80 degrees at 9:am with a slight overcast, it was nice not staring into the sun. We have only been flying sporadically lately, thought I would be a little rusty today. Both planes behaved today and all of my landings were greased in perfectly. :banana: Great way to start the holiday weekend! Forgot to charge the go-pro though. :doh:

Dont feel bad for the Go pro not being charge ,better to have it not work than having a bad day with your planes!.. :hehe:
It seems like if I try to make something to be perfect ,that is when something goes horribly wrong!...:thumbs-up:

Hell yeah! finally cooled down out there I see on the west coast. And now it's crap on the east coast. LoL after a week of 100°+ and humidity to boot. I need to move to the rocky mountains. Back to Colorado
The heat broke yesterday up here in New England. Is been below 70° the last 2 days. Rainy though.

But I have a problem with keeping my trucks/cars in one pc while on the ground. I could only imagine if I started to fly and crash. Lot more to fix then a arm or bent shock shaft
🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣😅
So freaking true!

And there's even less to fix when you're just crawling instead of bashing or racing.

@Xraycer said>>> And there's even less to fix when you're just crawling instead of bashing or racing

I think that's one of the biggest appeals of crawling. :)

I've been looking at buying one of those gliders with the pusher style prop to learn with. Been telling myself for years I'm gonna get one and try it out.

Got trucks and boats - guess I need to consider air too.
I've been thinking about a boat I like that blackjack. But probably not Ideal for my first any suggestions??
@Xraycer said>>> And there's even less to fix when you're just crawling instead of bashing or racing

I think that's one of the biggest appeals of crawling. :)
Crawlers look awesome with all the hop ups they have. What would be a good starter. Like you said the crawlers are a good RC that doesn't really break to often. Sure I can find a way too thoug 🤣🤣

I've been thinking about a boat I like that blackjack. But probably not Ideal for my first any suggestions??
We just got our first one a week ago. We went with an electric one, that worked fine. We go the Horizon Stealthwake 23 and picked that one for it's size. Big enough to run on the lake at Branson, MO yet small enough for our pond when we got back home. It really is a lot of fun and it was the perfect size for what we are doing - but we probably ought to swim over to the boat section to keep this discussion, the op is probably wondering why he cares about my boat.

Crawlers look awesome with all the hop ups they have. What would be a good starter. Like you said the crawlers are a good RC that doesn't really break to often. Sure I can find a way too thoug 🤣🤣
At $330 and rtr, I would absolutely recommend the Redcat Gen8V2. That Scout body is so sweet looking! Good crawler as is, or add $30 for 4 brass portal covers to lower the center of gravity, and this thing gets even better. As you start adding scale accessories, you're going to want to add more brass down low to counter the top heaviness......if you want to keep the rock crawling performance.