Gotta have the best racing monster!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxboy100

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guyz, for those of u who dont know me, well i am selling my savage due to the fact that it isnt the best racer. So i am looking into a replacement racer. I have pretty come down to the revo or the tnx pro.
ver truck i get i will most likely be buying a new radio system afterwards.
Tnx pro: has bowties, has proline powerstrokes, larger head.I have heard people liking this more than their revos,more durable, faster motor, people say it handles better,hard to find parts.
Revo: Dad has one, but i kinda wanna go with something different. But i want the best racer Monster, so whatever. Spill whatever u got to say!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, if i got a revo, would i be able to put my xtm 247 pro in it if i got the big block conversion kit?? LOL

Thanx guys!!!

mxboy100 said:
Hey guyz, for those of u who dont know me, well i am selling my savage due to the fact that it isnt the best racer. So i am looking into a replacement racer. I have pretty come down to the revo or the tnx pro.
ver truck i get i will most likely be buying a new radio system afterwards.
Tnx pro: has bowties, has proline powerstrokes, larger head.I have heard people liking this more than their revos,more durable, faster motor, people say it handles better,hard to find parts.
Revo: Dad has one, but i kinda wanna go with something different. But i want the best racer Monster, so whatever. Spill whatever u got to say!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, if i got a revo, would i be able to put my xtm 247 pro in it if i got the big block conversion kit?? LOL

Thanx guys!!!

I think That there is a big block conversion but I am not sure for that engine. I have only seen the Siro 23 and the Ofna/Picco 26 drop in .

I say go with a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium. Ask vbgagnon about them, they are great racers and I almost got one, but decided to keep my buggy. He has a vid of one up in the vid forum, they are around 450$ RTR.

Last edited:
Build a truggy. Thats what I'm doing...

Lightning Stadium is a truggy but yea, truggies are a great vehicle for racing if you also want more ground clearance than a buggy.

I'd have to say get a lightning stadium. Its a durable truck and it abosolutly flys! I love mine and would recommend to anybody!

the HB will soon get overshadowed by superior truggys which will have finally removed many of the 'carry-over' or compromises from a converted buggy. very similar to electrics 15yrs agos. this will be the 1st true gen of truggies and HB is 1st to market. they can't keep a supply of their truck around and have trouble supporting it to this point. the jammin, TT, OFNA, and mugen pieces will end up b'g superior in addition to GS' update of the SUT.

all depends on what u want, what time frame and with respect to the evolution of the class-again like 15yrs ago in electrics where blackfoots, big bears, and beetles got put aside by JG conversion of ultima, jrx2, and rc10. then later by rc10T and jrxt. the 1st 'go-between' trucks got trounced quite quick, most notably the king cab. support and availability of parts also led to its downfall.

if you can actually get ur hands on 1, and have a consistant parts source-go for it. bear in mind that trucks that will more than have it covered are right in front of us. still wonder y they put all ally arms on the pro version and that engine, hmm.

good luck

-Ult

There are a bunch of truggies coming out soon. For instance, Jammin is coming outy with a Jammin X1-CRT, and Sportswerks is coming out with a Mayhem Truggy. I might look into getting a LSP myself. I was origionally going to get 1 earlier when i was gonna sell my buggy, but i got talked out of it. Now I'm kinda sick of buggies for now. More into ST's and other stuff. I had my fair share.

LOL, i should convert my X-terminator pro into a truggy!!! That would be THE ULTIMATE BASHER!!!! whoa... thats a sweet idea if i was into bashing more than racing. That thing would be the last car standing out at a bash site. (untill i strip something or loose a piece because of my terrible luck)

Last edited:
See, i will be getting a truggy at the end of the summer because that is when they are all coming out and there will be test done on them by then. So i will be waiting, plus none of my tracks allow truggies, and i am getting out of the large block Monster truck class because it is turning only into custom truggies, but i can't do anything about it. So it is basically in the small block class. Either a revo or tnx pro.

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. My local track only allows up to a .18 size engine, so the monster truck class that used to be all tmaxxes is now all revos. But I wanted something different too, so I just got an SUT. I got a practically new rolling chassis from a friend with new bowties and no engine or radio for $250. I put in a killer radio - novak synth rx with Airtronics 94358 steering and JR z590 thr servo. I got it working with a Picco 26 for now, and it is sick! Its not legal with that engine so I just ordered this OS tz18 engine, but its not here yet.

I go to the local track every week and some friends of mine race the hell out of their revos. Everyone is running the os tz and tm 18's with bow ties. I watch them drive and I just know that a converted buggy (truggy) will work better. A truggy has a lower center of gravety and a center diff, which means flatter cornering and no wheelies.

I also have a track in my yard with BIG jumps, (check my gallery) and my 26 powered sut easily beats the tricked revos. I can even beat my buddies driving ofna 1/8 buggies (home track advantage). I think it will be more challenging at the real track with an .18, mostly because the sut is a single speed, so it may be geared a bit too tall for an 18. I should have the engine on Monday, and I'm planning to race it for the first time thursday night. I will let you know in a week how it works. :cheers:

good luck w/it, if u need help or advice on the truck, lemme know

-Ult

Back