Going Electric, Need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiLST

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I have decided that I am finally going to make the move to electric for the time being. I am going to buy a 3905 Emaxx and use it for just general bashing.

I need help deciding on What batteries and charger to buy. I like these ones:

Hyperion EOS 0606i

With

two SMC 2S1P Hard Case Li-Poly

Are those Lipo's good? Is the Charger any good? Will the charger charge both packs at once? Anything I should know, anything else you recommend?

Any other suggestions?

Can anyone give me opinions on these batteries and charger?

are you sure that you will be buying E-Maxx? did you think about Savage Flux?
just look at that power of BRUSHLESS!!
it's worth the extra penny!

Last edited by a moderator:
FLUX ! FLUX ! FLUX !

Anyways, I know Amoeba has that charger, and he says it's fabulous. I have no idea about the battery, but I'm pretty sure SMC is a good brand. I'd recommend Maxamps all the way though.

I know the Flux is what would be nice, but with that cash, I'd rather get a Gasser.

Went to my LHS today and talked for about a hour and half about Electric. He has me really convinced that it's the way to go too. he also convinced me out of the maxx and into the slash. I'm going to get the battery and charger (hella good deal) from him, he's knocking the battery 70 bucks off, and the charger 30 for me. so I'm gonna buy a Lipo and charger and then the slash and run it till the motor/esc dies and put a castle 4600kv system in it. Seems like a plan to me.

Both the charger and lipo are great choices. I've had 4 different Hyperion chargers and all have served me very well. I only kept upgrading because of higher cell count capabilities.

You will love the Slash too.

Anyways, I know Amoeba has that charger, and he says it's fabulous. I have no idea about the battery, but I'm pretty sure SMC is a good brand. I'd recommend Maxamps all the way though.

Yep, I loves it to pieces. I'm not as hip to the quality of various brands as much as sweetdiesel or others but I've been extremely happy with the CommonSenseRC 5200mAh 2S hardpacks. I now have 5 of them :)

Back