G'ma here...need help to shock grandson

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
g -ma .Id get some black tape and wrap any exposed wire you see like the ones at red plugs and on motor the black one,,, hocky tape will be easier to use

A two battery setup usually has a positive lead from the speed control going to one battery and the negative lead going to the other battery to complete the circuit (with a wire from the negative side of one connector to the positive side of the other connector to put them in series (2x 2s = 4s power to the speed control). Some setups like this come with a jumper that takes the negative lead from the first connector and passes it on to the esc, that way you complete the circuit with a single battery.

The triangle shaped adapter is usually meant to connect two batteries in series and plug them into a speed control setup for a single battery.

Here's the triangle battery adapter.
20240419_172608.jpg

That's not safe to use with all the exposed soldier joints. They all need to be taped up with electrical tape.

^^What they said ^^

Using two batteries with that means one connected to bottom, another connected to the right, and the top connector goes to the connector on the speed control. Using a single battery, you wouldn't use that adapter.

Like others said, that adapter looks poorly built. I'm guessing it was done with a torch instead of a soldering iron. I wouldn't use it.

You can solder? I take back what I said before. Your an AWESOME grandma!!

if you are going to do that I would suggest some better connectors other than deans.

Was just looking at ProTek or XT's....other suggestions?

I like the XT-90 myself.

Also must easier to find batteries with something other than a deans plug already soldiered on. Or you can buy them with no connectors and soldier your own. You seem to be very talented.

4s power is the sweet spot for a truck that size. Tactic and Skyfly both make cheap radio that work good. That motor is older than the hills. It would be worth your time to pull the rotor out of the motor and take a brillo pad to the inside of the can. Cleaning out any rust build up that might be in your motor will greatly increase its lifespan.

I like to use bubble gum that’s what I recommend since I don’t know how to weld or solder 😜