Glow Plug School is now in session

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
Teach me - what is the difference in glow plugs, how do I know what mine is if it doesn't have any markings, how do I know it is the right one in the engine?

Teach me - what is the difference in glow plugs, how do I know what mine is if it doesn't have any markings, how do I know it is the right one in the engine?

Without markings, I'm not sure if there's a way to tell.

Personally I go with medium's most times. On a really hot day, I'll drop a number down (cooler), and if it's below 60 deg, I'll run a number up (hotter). I always carry a bunch of them.

Without markings, I'm not sure if there's a way to tell.

Personally I go with medium's most times. On a really hot day, I'll drop a number down (cooler), and if it's below 60 deg, I'll run a number up (hotter). I always carry a bunch of them.
How ya been man. Got any killer projects going?

How ya been man. Got any killer projects going?

Nothing new - just focusing on my existing builds and improving them mostly, and building up a spare parts/tools/inventory this Fall and Winter. I'm tempted to build another drag car some time after the holidays, but we'll see :D

I'm still looking into a vacuum form jig. I doubt it will be any time soon, but I have a list of parts I need going and a design for the table in the works. I just need to learn how to use Blender. I do a lot of solid 3d modeling in a CAD/CAM package, but it's not the greatest surface modeler.

I'm still looking into a vacuum form jig. I doubt it will be any time soon, but I have a list of parts I need going and a design for the table in the works. I just need to learn how to use Blender. I do a lot of solid 3d modeling in a CAD/CAM package, but it's not the greatest surface modeler.

Blender isn't the easiest thing to use, but it's a great tool IMO. Plus it's free :D

Yeah, I have played with it some. I followed a YT tutorial and made a glazed donut with sprinkles that looked VERY tasty LOL.

BlenderGuru I think is the guy's name. He has some killer tutorials on it.

Yeah, I have played with it some. I followed a YT tutorial and made a glazed donut with sprinkles that looked VERY tasty LOL.

BlenderGuru I think is the guy's name. He has some killer tutorials on it.
Lol, the most advanced thing I made is a banana (It looks terrible).

Lol, the most advanced thing I made is a banana (It looks terrible).
I think there is a joke in there somewhere 😝

Screenshot_20211025-101843_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Oh no! @WideOpen - look what we did to your thread 😜

Asking about the Tmaxx 2.5?? That should be a hot #3 / medium plug. These are a couple of good reads all about glow plugs. From size the angle of threads. To combustion chamber.. enjoy I found them to be interesting read..👍👍

https://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.com/rc-glow-plugs.html

https://rogershobbycenter.com/allaboutglowplugs

Asking about the Tmaxx 2.5?? That should be a hot #3 / medium plug. These are a couple of good reads all about glow plugs. From size the angle of threads. To combustion chamber.. enjoy I found them to be interesting read..👍👍

https://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.com/rc-glow-plugs.html

https://rogershobbycenter.com/allaboutglowplugs
actually I was asking about the HoBao Hyper SS. The one I had in it stopped glowing. These and Wicked'd links - good reads for sure