Getting a mbx5t tomorow!! Yay

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I had a savage x that I got rid of and I kept the electronics and motor. The motor is lrp z.28r s3 with the rotostart on it. Will that fit on to the mbx5t?I'm also putting in my spektrum radio and servos. I'm buyin it as a kit so I will have alittle time before I get to run it. Hope it's worth it!! Just hopin the engine with roto will fit.

The roto-start will probably fit. There seems to be a little bit of extra room in that area of truggies and buggies. Might be tricky getting the shaft through the arms and mud guards, but that is just my guess from looking at pictures. No experience with Mugen, but they look sweet.
You gone to get it yet?

I'm leaving in half hour to pick it up. Then come home and start my build. How long do you think it will take to build? I have never actually built a kit but iv had my savage x apart in a million peices and put it back together along with all the diffs and stuff.

Shoot, no telling. A complete build with a new kit, I'd be surprised if you were done faster than about 8 hours. Thats a stab in the dark though. The front and rear suspension on my 8ight was a little more detailed than what I expected, so I'd expect the same with the Mugen.
Then on to the fun part of wiring the electronics, and throttle/brake linkage. At least that was the biggest PITA for me.
Nice score though, it should be a fun project no matter how long it takes. Jealousy here.

Lol well I just started and got the diffs done then I had to leave to meet the wife for lunch. So wen I get home I'm goin at it again. Also making sure everything is in place and loctite everything. I like a kit cuz wen somthing goes wrong, it's easier to figure out. Wen I had my savage, it was a rtr so when somthing broke or was wrong, it took me awhile to learn how to pull it apart. Anyway, can't wait to get this thing together!

Still workin on the build. Hoping tomorow I can get it done. Sux when I start then keep getting interrupted,I loose focus. I got the front and rear end almost done. Ran into a small problen on the servo saver because a piece dident hav threads inside it so I had to take it to where I bought it and got them to fix it for me. Anyways I'll get back tomorow when I'm done more.