Thinking about buying hyper seven till I get an 8ight.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bstrang6

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay, I found a local on Craigslist whose selling an ofna hyper seven. It appears to be an rtr model of sorts blue chassis and shock towers, lay down servo, crappy am radio, and some sort of roto start like set up. It's very dusty, and has no wing or body, and has some sort of issue. Owner knows nothing of rc really, but says it needs some pin or something. Causes the motor to run but car won't go anywhere. Anyways he had it listed for two hundred. I've got him down to a hundred bucks. Supposed t let him know tomorrow if I want it, I'm thinking of offering fifty and maybe coming up to seventy five if need be.

I am planning on buying a losi 8ight 2.0 rtr in the next month or so, but figured if I can get this running, I maybe able to get some track time, and possibly make some money on this buggy re selling it, or even possibly giving it to my little brother.

Should I pass? How much would this buggy be worth as a roller? Basically buying used that maybe all I'm getting if the electronics are junked and the motors worn out...

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

There she is, paid 75 bucks... What can I use for the starter? Just a flat blade attatchment in my drill? Gonna take it all apart tomorrow and inspect it. So far I've noticrd the sway bar end link on the front is busted, and the drivers front cvd is bent...

Looks like I got had. After some research I've determined that this is an Ultra LX Comp, not a hyper seven. Is this buggy even worth sinking the hundred bucks into that I will need to get it running properly? Or should I just count my losses.

Back