First BB build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanksnitro

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey, going to start my first big block build, I have a tmaxx all aluminum integy, but it has stock chassis, I was looking at a dynamite .28 today and I'm wondering if it would fit in the traxxas extended body chassis?

Attachments

• 82247712_10218355080280792_4182218451655327744_o.jpg
    82247712_10218355080280792_4182218451655327744_o.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 108
Hey, going to start my first big block build, I have a tmaxx all aluminum integy, but it has stock chassis, I was looking at a dynamite .28 today and I'm wondering if it would fit in the traxxas extended body chassis?
are you meaning the 3.3 extended? no it wont fit, will require a Big Block Chassis kit, getting pretty rare though sadly.

I was worried about that,been looking online like crazy and can't find poop, thow from just rough measurements I'm thinking I might be able to shift tranny forward and just have enough room to fit it.

You may have to switch to a 4 shock setup to have clearance for the header. Many many years ago, I had a BB maxx as did a friend of mine. He used dynamites conversion kit and I used XTM's. This was way before the 3.3 existed.

With a big block, the tmaxx diffs would grenade. The 2.5 maxx diffs weren't that great. I got tired of replacing diffs every other bash and gave up on it, then went with a true 1/8th scale instead. If yours has revo spec diffs, then it should be fine with a BB as I haven't had many issues with my LRP28 big block revo. When I ran it a lot, I'd have to change out the slider axles every other season, but they held up pretty good.

One other thing, the transmission in the old maxx was weak and the BB would rip through the gears within minutes. I replaced all the gears with RRP steel and only had an issue once or twice with the two speed shaft splitting in two over the few years after that I ran it.

You may have to switch to a 4 shock setup to have clearance for the header. Many many years ago, I had a BB maxx as did a friend of mine. He used dynamites conversion kit and I used XTM's. This was way before the 3.3 existed.

With a big block, the tmaxx diffs would grenade. The 2.5 maxx diffs weren't that great. I got tired of replacing diffs every other bash and gave up on it, then went with a true 1/8th scale instead. If yours has revo spec diffs, then it should be fine with a BB as I haven't had many issues with my LRP28 big block revo. When I ran it a lot, I'd have to change out the slider axles every other season, but they held up pretty good.

One other thing, the transmission in the old maxx was weak and the BB would rip through the gears within minutes. I replaced all the gears with RRP steel and only had an issue once or twice with the two speed shaft splitting in two over the few years after that I ran it.
It is Revo spec, only issuse I'm having is I cannot for the life of me find any BB chassis, not even on eBay,I'm starting to think only option I'm gunna have is custom milling one myself.

If you do, you will also have to sort out a rear center axle, chassis brace extensions, header/pipe and engine mounts. Also a proper 1/8th clutch/flywheel unless you stick with a stock 2 shoe or something traxxas specific.

New Era's conversion just used an alloy rear skid that was lengthened. I'm guessing an emaxx or erbe v1 or v2 rear center would be longer than a nitro maxx.

This guy started a 3.3 conversion, not sure where's he's at with his conversion though:
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/t-maxx-big-block-build.115142/