Finally!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsmith

Dirt Oval Addict!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Finally got me a LOSI 8ight! Well, it's being shipped today. It's an e conversion. Just what I've been trying to find. Castle mamba monster for the heartbeat. I'm excited. I've been nitro always, just started out with brushless with a couple vxl models by traxxas. Now, I feel I can finally reach the next level. I've asked a lot of advice on this, and everyone seems to feel the 8ight is a great choice......so come on mailman!!!
Will update once my very own arrives! It's like Xmas!
Thanks for all your input. It really helped in my decision making.
:D

I absolutely hate to report this.....
The LOSI 8ight came in. As I opened the box, the smell of burnt electrical filled my nostrils. The seller sold it to me as "add radio and battery and it's ready to go."
I began inspection to see no pinion gear what so ever. No horn on servo connecting the servo. No servo tape holding the Esc down. All the wires unplugged from the Esc.
Instantly took to the reputable hobby shop for an inspection. Motor is good, servo is good. Esc-fried. I paid $375 for a rig that was supposed to be "add radio and battery".
Seller is a jerk that cussed me, yelled, claimed my hobby shop tore it up and hung up on me.
On Facebook page Buy Sell or Trade RCs, his name is Jeff Brown. STAY AWAY FROM HIM!
Just wanted to warn anyone so they don't have my experience.
So, now I have to save up for a $160 Esc before I can ever enjoy the rig I've really wanted for sometime now.
Lesson learned.

Last edited:
If you paid with paypal you can file a claim through them. Although even adding another $150 for a new MMM off of ebay you're still not in to bad of shape considering to buy a new kit plus the ESC/Motor combo, servo, and a couple other small things you'll be looking at somewhere in the $1000 price range. Of course it would all be brand new and thats using quality electronics. I guess it would just depend on the shape that the rest fo the kit is in. Id start tearing it down now and checking all the gears/bearings and cleaning it up while you're waiting on a new ESC if you're keeping it or stuck with it. One more perfect example of why I dont buy used kits anymore. Good luck with it. You'll love it once you get it operational :)

So, now I have to save up for a $160 Esc before I can ever enjoy the rig I've really wanted for sometime now.

The Hobbywing XERUN 150A ESC is a darn good product for $100 shipped, 6S capable. Just food for thought.

Thanks sixtysixduece, I will be looking into that.

While I have no problems with the Xerun or EZrun 150A ESCs, they arent nearly as nice as the Castel MMM. Personally Id spend the extra 40 or 50 bucks and pick up an MMM. castle also has way better customer service than Hobbywing. You could also look into how much it would cost to get your burnt up MMM fixed by castle. I believe you can get it fixed for a reasonable price.

Back