Finally went brushless and 2.4!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Movin on up! A buddy of mine GAVE me his brand new velineon /vxl and 2.4 link radio. He swapped it out right away in his for a cc mamba monster so he has had it all just sitting around on his bench. When i went out to visit him i brought my pede and we installed the motor esc and rx. Brushless is absolutely SICK! And you know what, I'm still only running the stock 3000 nimh batteries but it still flies. I did try one of his 2s lipos and that blew my mind even more.
sevu2y4u.jpg
7upuradu.jpg
a8e7y8a4.jpg
usyvuzyz.jpg
2ube8yby.jpg

One thing you might notice is that the esc is mounted backwards and that is a result of the battery wires being too short and the esc wire being shortened from cutting and soldering on deans connectors. That doesn't affect anything so i dont really care and it doesn't look bad imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats! Go 3s and you will need your brown pants. I dont know anything about stampedes to know if you should go any more than 3s though.

I think this thing would be stupid on 3s. I've spent too much money lately on my new scx10 honcho so lipo is just going to have to wait. Lol. Plus I'm used to the brushed titan motor on the pede.

3s should be the limit for the ESC/rig combo. Any more than that and you'll start breaking driveline parts.

You will likely break your axles after awhile on 3S but its fun!

The transmission needs to be upgraded as well if it's not the VXL version.

Depends on how old it is, the newer ones are brushless ready and have the same transmission as the VXL.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ya its already got the Magnum 272 all metal gear trans. I got the pede in January '12. So its ready to go!

Nice dude. You will probably break stuff. RPM all around. 3s is awesome with that combo. What gearing does it have?

You should have pleanty of torque. I have a rustler vxl and was using 31/76 for speed runs gets hot fast. The fan helps. Then got a viper copperhead vx4r.45 combo. Little much. Fast though. Have fun.