Failsafe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not much knowledge on RC but i think a failsafe cuts your rig off when you exceed range of the transmitter?[Cuts off throttle]
Otherwise they just go full speed untill 'something' stops them

yea something like he said but say if ur racing with someone who is running on the frequency as you and that persons frequency can control ur truck and they migh not realize it and then u can crash. failsafe will also stop ur truck if ur batteries are dead.

A fail-safe monitors the signal from the receiver, if it drops below a certain level or if it gets interrupted, by interference, the fail-safe will engage. They can be set to apply the brakes when they engage or just return the throttle to the idle position. Without one, lets say the battery on your TX died or there was some interference and you lost contact with your rig. Whatever position the throttle was in when the contact was lost, it would stay in that position until it crashed or regained contact with the transmitter.

Well there ya go, learn something new every day
Are the expensive?
Hard to install?
They sound important i might buy one

Around $20 average. Look into the Dynamite Fail Safe.
They are EXTREMELY important. You should NEVER run without one.
Effortless to install, easy to program. Set and forget.
Did I mention you should NEVER run without one?

fail safes are the biggest life savers you can get for a nitro rc! if you go out of range or your battery runs out on your transmitter the car will automatically brake! if not you got yourself a run away car/buggy which is gonna hit something and cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fix it :p haha i got experience but for some reason i didnt put a new one since my other one broke :D

FYI. Spektrum radios have a built in radio signal loss failsafe but nothing for low battery. And I have yet to find a failsafe that would work with the spektrum radios.

Rolex and everyone else is right on. Never run one without. When you chase one down you will know why. LOL

FYI. Spektrum radios have a built in radio signal loss failsafe but nothing for low battery. And I have yet to find a failsafe that would work with the spektrum radios.. LOL
Really? I have my 5T and my LSTs with my M8 and spektrum with an ofna micro failsafe. Works for me.. I although run charged batteries all the time.. Curious anyone else see this?

Failsafes are a must. I just installed mt ofna micro last night.

I removed my Dynamite fail safe after getting the the 2.4 Ghz M11. Built in failsafe.

By the way, just in case I forgot to mention it earlier, NEVER run without one.

Really? I have my 5T and my LSTs with my M8 and spektrum with an ofna micro failsafe. Works for me.. I although run charged batteries all the time.. Curious anyone else see this?

EDIT: The Ofna failsafe on the LST is with the stock XS3 TX. Forgot I nevergot around to buying the additional RX.

The 5T uses the Spektrum built in failsafe.

By the way, just in case I forgot to mention it earlier, NEVER run without one.

So is it ok to run without a failsafe if I have a T-Maxx 2.5?

:hehe: Just kidding, I had to throw it in there for ya, since my dad the other day decided to start up my brothers 2.5 maxx and didn't think to turn on the Tx before he started. Needless to say, it hit a curb at like 30mph (top of 2nd gear, whatever that is for a leaned out 2.5). Failsafe would have paid for itself right there, cost roughly $30 to fix and a lot of time taking it apart, finding the broken goodies, etc...

really it is just where when your car goes out of range it slams on the brakes so if your trimsmiter would go dead it would slam on the brakes good 20$ investment

So is it ok to run without a failsafe if I have a T-Maxx 2.5?

Sure, no problem. NOTHING ever breaks on a Tmaxx, so don't worry about it doing a mad runaway at wide open throttle.

If you can run faster than a Tmaxx while holding your transmitter as high above your head as you can, and simultaneously screaming like a little girl, there is no need for you to waste $20 on something as trivial as a fail safe.:hehe:

If I may suggest something in addition... You should also buy a throttle return spring and hook it to the outside hole of the throttle servo arm (you might need a stronger servo) and if your RX ever loses power completely you'll still be ok.

the 1 thaing a fail safe will not turn on is when some 1 is on your channel