Failsafe for losi

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasheets

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does the Losi dbxl2.0 gas rtr kit come with a failsafe to prevent run away. Put one on my nitro

id add a standalone failsafe.not a specktolum fan

Is a kill switch hard to install on Losi gas rc

Is a kill switch hard to install on Losi gas rc
Define killswitch. Are you talking about setting the failsafe up or are you talking about some sort of 3rd party device that kills the engine in the event of signal loss?

Define killswitch. Are you talking about setting the failsafe up or are you talking about some sort of 3rd party device that kills the engine in the event of signal loss?
I guess adding to include with the failsafe. If I’m going to spend the money I want to protect it. Would want it if go with the gas dbxl Losi. But also looking at rovan 29 cc gas Baja. So yes the 3rd party device to kill engine. Still in research stage of purchase.

Killer RC makes kill switches for nitro and 2 stroke gas kits. Theres also option parts you can buy for it too. I've never used anything other than a failsafe so I can't tell ya anything about it other than its what your looking for.

A killswitch is absolutely necessary for running a large scale to protect yourself,rig and others around you. Killer rc or a dynamite killswitch will do just fine. Also never trust a radios built in failsafe as it will not protect you from a battery dying, disconnecting or any other loss of voltage. 1 thing that was not mentioned is if a throttle servo goes out and sticks wide open as well. You should join largescaleforums.com and talk amongst other large scale owners.

I use the Gen2 remote kill switch in my one of my Baja's and soon to be both.

s-l1600.jpg

A killswitch is absolutely necessary for running a large scale to protect yourself,rig and others around you. Killer rc or a dynamite killswitch will do just fine. Also never trust a radios built in failsafe as it will not protect you from a battery dying, disconnecting or any other loss of voltage. 1 thing that was not mentioned is if a throttle servo goes out and sticks wide open as well. You should join largescaleforums.com and talk amongst other large scale owners.
Thanh you. Very helpful!

Yeah cuz no one in this forum owns any large scale rigs. Besides I've been to the LS RC forums, Its nothin' but a bunch of 2 stroke snobs who dont even consider electric 1/5 scales to be real RCs. :rolleyes:

Yeah cuz no one in this forum owns any large scale rigs. Besides I've been to the LS RC forums, Its nothin' but a bunch of 2 stroke snobs who dont even consider electric 1/5 scales to be real RCs. :rolleyes:
Well maybe not everybody.;)

Back