Ez start glow plug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissinator96

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a nitro traxxas rustler equipped with the ez start system when I first got it the wand worked perfectly and both the motor and plug lights lit up now the glow plug light wont come on and heat the glow plug I have verified that my plug glows (also brand new) for now I am just using the wand to spin the motor and a D cell with alligator clips to light the plug....its such a hassle to go through this all just to start it....any ideas??? and yes I know their cheap but my LHS is a ways away and ebay seems like it takes forever :(

if you get one with with a AA bat allways keep spars on hand. AAs dont have much AMPs and full off quickly. the larger bats would be better. but still hold to 1.5 volts.

i was actullay able to tie into my wand using a D battery for the glow plug circuit and left everything else the same...works quite well

It's better to go ahead and get an external glow igniter. They're more reliable and tend let the battery in the easy start last a bit longer.

I have a nitro traxxas rustler equipped with the ez start system when I first got it the wand worked perfectly and both the motor and plug lights lit up now the glow plug light wont come on and heat the glow plug I have verified that my plug glows (also brand new) for now I am just using the wand to spin the motor and a D cell with alligator clips to light the plug....its such a hassle to go through this all just to start it....any ideas??? and yes I know their cheap but my LHS is a ways away and ebay seems like it takes forever :(

I own 3 Traxxas Rig's & have 3 EZ-Start starter wands & I have never experienced A problem with any of my wands... I just make sure the battery is charged before use... & Both of my lights on the wand's work perfectly every time... Your wand might of WENT BAD & just need replacement or you might have a problem in the wires itself causing you not to get the other LED Light "NOT" to light up... I would suggest you order a new EZ-Start Wand from Tower Hobbies.com / A Main Hobbies / or you HS most hobbie shops wont stock just the wand I know my HS does not stock just the wand but most HS will order you one in....

I own 3 Traxxas Rig's & have 3 EZ-Start starter wands & I have never experienced A problem with any of my wands... I just make sure the battery is charged before use... & Both of my lights on the wand's work perfectly every time... Your wand might of WENT BAD & just need replacement or you might have a problem in the wires itself causing you not to get the other LED Light "NOT" to light up... I would suggest you order a new EZ-Start Wand from Tower Hobbies.com / A Main Hobbies / or you HS most hobbie shops wont stock just the wand I know my HS does not stock just the wand but most HS will order you one in....

your prob right but i gotta say a glow ignitor works much better than the ez starts blue wire. and it gives you almost double time turning over just the motor and not having to light up the plug.

IMO a glow ignitor will always work better. Traxxas ez start is good for noobs or people who are just lazy but imo when you put a glow ignitor on the motor its constant glow that to an extent heats the combustion chamber. The ez start only glows when you push the button so you dont get as much heat in the chamber. Jus my .02