Exceed Mad Storm and Mad Warroir

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanesence07

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am new to nitro rc and I am looking at a Exceed Mad Storm with a 2.8 engine for me and a Exceed Mad Warroir 1/8 with a 2.1 engine for my son.

Does anyone know about Exceed Nitros I mean are they good quality I know its not like Traxxas or HPI but I am a beginner and want to start a little cheaper incase we smash them:hehe:.

I have also been looking at Redcats to any advise or problems with these brands Exceed or Redcat.

I know a little I just need to see what the experts here are thinking I have drove nitro cars before but now I want to buy me some.

MadStorm 1/8 2.8 engine 4x4

Mad Warroir 1/8 2.1 engine 4x4

I am new to nitro rc and I am looking at a Exceed Mad Storm with a 2.8 engine for me and a Exceed Mad Warroir 1/8 with a 2.1 engine for my son.

Does anyone know about Exceed Nitros I mean are they good quality I know its not like Traxxas or HPI but I am a beginner and want to start a little cheaper incase we smash them:hehe:.

I have also been looking at Redcats to any advise or problems with these brands Exceed or Redcat.

I know a little I just need to see what the experts here are thinking I have drove nitro cars before but now I want to buy me some.

MadStorm 1/8 2.8 engine 4x4

Mad Warroir 1/8 2.1 engine 4x4

i suggest not to get those ...they are poorly made ....i strongly suggest you stay with the bigger names in the field ....might be a bit more expensive ...but it will pay off ...and parts for the bigger names are much more common and easy to get ....my friend has one from exceed and its allways broken ...i worked on it for him ...and i saw first hand how poorly made they are ..and the engines are not the best either

What type of rc or you mainly looking to get? Monster Truck, Buggy, Truggy, Short Course, Stadium Truck, and are you looking at mainly 1/8 scale? Also are you looking to just bash around or are you looking to do some racing too?

racing, go with associated, bashing go with traxxas. losi or HPI...idk

go with one of those 4 brands and you can't go wrong, dont get something cheap because part suppport usualy sucks and you will break parts easier and more frequently

with a $300 budget, there isnt much to choose from the top companies, of those 4 brands darkslayer24 just mentioned, the only one you could afford with $300 is probably a Traxxas Rustler, and Traxxas is a company that I do not recommend. My 1st rc was a Traxxas and that thing has disappointed me for a long time, and even though I'm not happy with it, I will always keep it cause it was my 1st one. Plus if you buy a Traxxas, not only you would have to buy a $40 gallon of fuel for it, but a $100 NIMH battery charger as well. If your looking just for bashing, and your okay with buggies, go with the XTM XT2 which comes with an amazing engine, and amazing electronics (2.4g Airtronics Radio, receiver, and servos) Most people upgrade their rcs to a 2.4g radio instantly well with XTM, or Team Losi you wounldt have to worry about that upgrade. XTM has the best buggy when it comes to bashing, and it can compete in races as long as you upgrade the tires.

To help out darkslayer24, Losi would be for racing, and HPI would be for bashing.

What do you plan on using your rig for? Where do you plan on running your rig? If you can let us know the answers to those questions, we can better help you find a rig that will work. AS far as Traxxas, it all depends what you want to do with it. I have really good luck with my Traxxas rigs except for some stupid things on my part.

What do you plan on using your rig for? Where do you plan on running your rig? If you can let us know the answers to those questions, we can better help you find a rig that will work. AS far as Traxxas, it all depends what you want to do with it. I have really good luck with my Traxxas rigs except for some stupid things on my part.

I am mainly want a Monster Truck 1/8 plan to just bash for now until I get experienced enough to maybe some racing later.

I plan on running it in A big open field near my home and parks and up and down my street.

$300 isn't my budget but I was trying to stay around that I got a old lady and if I spend $600 on a nitro truck she would kill me.

I was trying to stay around $300 but I am also getting one for my 11 year old son too so I was planning on getting him a Exceed Mad Warroir 2.1 engine.

I seen a review on the Mad Storm and it got a good review by Squirrel on youtube and he does many reviews and the Mad Storm got a good review.

i am also new to rc and i just bought an used kyosho inferno mp 7.5 i hear they are very good solid built machines.

with a $300 budget, there isnt much to choose from the top companies, of those 4 brands darkslayer24 just mentioned, the only one you could afford with $300 is probably a Traxxas Rustler, and Traxxas is a company that I do not recommend. My 1st rc was a Traxxas and that thing has disappointed me for a long time, and even though I'm not happy with it, I will always keep it cause it was my 1st one. Plus if you buy a Traxxas, not only you would have to buy a $40 gallon of fuel for it, but a $100 NIMH battery charger as well. If your looking just for bashing, and your okay with buggies, go with the XTM XT2 which comes with an amazing engine, and amazing electronics (2.4g Airtronics Radio, receiver, and servos) Most people upgrade their rcs to a 2.4g radio instantly well with XTM, or Team Losi you wounldt have to worry about that upgrade. XTM has the best buggy when it comes to bashing, and it can compete in races as long as you upgrade the tires.

Keep in mind, evenesence07, that everyone has opinions based on past experience. All nitro engines need fuel, and it is NOT $40 a gallon. You won't need a $100 charger either. Someone obviously doesn't like Traxxas products, but most of us, including me, got into this hobby because of the Tmaxx. It is still highly recommended as an off roader and dirt track runner, and parts and upgrades are in almost every hobby shop on the planet.
The FIRST thing you need to do is check out support for what you get. See what your local hobby shop carries and check the parts availability on line and base your decision on that.
If you need more advise, we're here for you.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, evenesence07, that everyone has opinions based on past experience. All nitro engines need fuel, and it is NOT $40 a gallon. You won't need a $100 charger either. Someone obviously doesn't like Traxxas products, but most of us, including me, got into this hobby because of the Tmaxx. It is still highly recommended as an off roader and dirt track runner, and parts and upgrades are in almost every hobby shop on the planet.
The FIRST thing you need to do is check out support for what you get. See what your local hobby shop carries and check the parts availability on line and base your decision on that.
If you need more advise, we're here for you.

I'm just naming the prices on what those cost around here. Here the fuel is $38.99 + tax which actually comes to more than $40 a gallon at every hobby store in the state. As for the charger I guess you can get a cheap 1 amp charger that doesn't tell you how full your charge is, the one I was talking about has a 3 amp charge capability and tells you how full your battery is. And yes I too got into the hobby because of the T Maxx, doesn't mean I like the thing, because I dont. My transmitter had a short circuit in it and sent messed up signals to my Maxx which messed with the servos in the truck and caused it to start on fire. Get a Savage before a T Maxx if your just going to bash, and if you think you might do a little racing, than get a Revo not the T maxx. If you can find an LST2 somehow, get that instead of the Savage or the Revo. The Savage in the best basher in the moster truck class that you can get IMO.

Traxxas is absolutely fine. I'd recommend a Stampede or Rustler for first rc's all day long. You could pick up both or one of each for just over $300. A good dual output charger would cost around $100, but you only have to buy it once. There's plenty of cheaper chargers that would do the job just fine as well. Batteries can be had for between $30-40, depending on how many cells they are. The brushed traxxas rigs can handle 8 cells(9.6 volts), and yes, they move pretty good. Great beginner rigs. I always recommend electrics for first rigs. Way less of a learning curve, which means more driving.

+1 on the electric Matt. If you have never run a hobby grade RC (not a Walmart or Radio Shack special), the speed of these electrics will surprise you. Once you can control one of these then go ahead and add the nitro to the mix. This is how I started so I can recommend this as a great way to start and not just get frustrated.