Even new servos won't turn more than 10 degrees either way

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLiCKWiDNiCK

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
So I've got a Traxxas stampede 2wd and I've upgraded to brushless, and upgraded the reciever to a waterproof one, and now I've bought a $75 dollar servo instead of the $40 dollar one I had before. I bought the new one cause the old one stopped turning very good. I didnt get the same range that I had when I first bought it, so I figured it wore out since I only paid $40 bucks for it. But now that the $75 dollar one has shown up, I installed it, but it is reacting the same exact way the $40 dollar one is, only turning no more than 10 degrees either direction. Is this then a problem with the reciever? Or something else? Do I need to rebind the controller?

What radio are you using? Most radios have "end point adjustments" which keeps the servo from going full tilt, which would burn the servo up eventually. It sounds like swapping the receiver might be causing the problem. Look up on Youtube how to set endpoints for your radio. That should help ya.

The radio most likely has been set to a low turn radius (end point adjustments) you need to change that to a higher angle and that should fix your problem

Brand: fuwinkr

Brushless ESC Electric Speed Controller Waterproof Dustproof Brushless ESC Electronic Speed Controller for 1/10 RC Car Model((120A))​

1. Brushless ESC Electric Speed Controller Waterproof Dustproof Brushless ESC Electronic Speed Controller for 1/10 RC Car Model((120A))

Flysky Upgraded Waterproof FS-GR3E 2.4G 3CH Receiver DC 5V for FS-GT2 FS-GT2B FS-GT3B FS-GT3C FZ-IT4S RC Car Boat Transmitter​

1. Flysky Upgraded Waterproof FS-GR3E 2.4G 3CH Receiver DC 5V for FS-GT2 FS-GT2B FS-GT3B FS-GT3C FZ-IT4S RC Car Boat Transmitter

And a Flysky fs-gtb transmitter. And the turning worked fine after I switched recievers this issue has shown up after everything was working fine

Its most likely either a setting in the transmitter or it could be a bad servo saver

again what servo? check endpoints on radio setting.

Its most likely either a setting in the transmitter or it could be a bad servo saver
It only turns the 20° even when the servo saver is taken off.
I'm pretty sure this is the servo I'm using now, I'll double check in a sec and unless I correct myself, then it's this servo:

BETU 45Kg Coreless Servo Motor HV 8.4V, High Torque RC Digital Servo,Full Waterproof Servo, Stainless Steel Gear Servo with 25T Servo Horn(180°)​

1. BETU 45Kg Coreless Servo Motor HV 8.4V, High Torque RC Digital Servo,Full Waterproof Servo, Stainless Steel Gear Servo with 25T Servo Horn(180°)

Oh and the transmitter is actually a Flysky FS-GT2B I was mistaken earlier

Last edited:
What is the steering dual rate set to on your transmitter? If its not set to max then thats your problem

Yeah thanks I figured it out. It was the endpoint adjustment that was needed, thanks again!

Brand: fuwinkr

Brushless ESC Electric Speed Controller Waterproof Dustproof Brushless ESC Electronic Speed Controller for 1/10 RC Car Model((120A))​

1. Brushless ESC Electric Speed Controller Waterproof Dustproof Brushless ESC Electronic Speed Controller for 1/10 RC Car Model((120A))
Are you still using that ESC? Just curious, because I thought they were the normal ones that I used to get, but not so. There is no way to do throttle calibration... no setup button on the switch, or on the ESC body itself. I returned two of the ESCs that you pictured as they gave me nothing but trouble. I could not get them to work correctly.

The 120A ESCs with the red setup button on the switch are the one I normally get if wanting to go ultra low budget. They setup and work like a Hobbywing ESC and also will work with their programming card.

1665997463000.png

Back