Electric Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiris

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so i got a XTM for a basher and I'm already wanting an electric start (hands hurt from pull start). What is good to get and can i even switch it over. About how much does it cost?

Thanks Guys,

-Mark

EDIT: Another question i have 4 AA batteries in the car and i changed them last week. Will today the turning is not working correctly are the batteries dead already?

Last edited:
Servo's suck down tons of juice, you should upgrade to a rechargeable 5 cell pack. Also, depending on the motor you have, there are various Roto-Start systems available. They use a cordless drill and a prop shaft to spin the motor over.

Any idea of the cost on the Roto-start and the 5-cell and chager?

Battery packs cost roughly 20 bucks, the rotostart is usually about 50, and the charger...that ones up to you. theres too many chargers out there to even begin to list prices. i have an onyx 200 that i paid 40 for and i love it. it will charge reciever packs and transmitter packs and standard battery packs reliably, up to 7 cells.

Hey i had the exact same problem with my XTM. My hand hand huge blisters and i neded to use a glove. Dont worry, after a few more tanks it will become sooo much easier to start. Did with mine. And no more hurting!!

I have already ran through 10 tanks

Better to buy from Teamfasteddy as they are a reputable seller. Are you looking to get a quick charger or an overnight type ?

If there is not much price difference ill get a quick one

10 tanks.....does that include break in?

New question

Bump Start

Or

The drill one.

I got the roto start, a 6-cell battery pack, and a quick charger. Thanks for the help guys!!

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.