Ek4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it running decent. I think it needs an ERCM pipe. Liottle more fine tuning to do.

Switched to a 18th bell and HPI Savage XL clutch. The $20 clutch works 10x's better than the $40 clutch go figure.

Also picked up a set of Ofna Pirate wheels as back ups. They may end up on the truck instead of the originals, still debating that one.

I know why they quit making these things. Once I finally got it tuned right, I thought I broke adiff. I kept running.n The the engine kept leaning out afyetr 1/2 a tank.

While starting it, I chocked it and noticed fuel pouring out of the front bearing. The case was discolored. Upon closer inspection the 2nd clutch I put on in less than a gallonn was destroyed and just cooking the bearing/case.

There is no slipper clutch pr diff on this thing so anything that stops the wheels either busts the diff or destroys the clutch. What a POS design.

My solution: ordered a LRP.32 with fresh clutch and also a center diff from a Losi 8T. Ill see if I could mod this thing to work.

New and improved with LRP.32 witgh Savage mount and ofna 086 pipe, Losi Eight center diff and Monster Pirate wheels

Also converted the LRP to Spin Start

null_zps85014a19.jpg

null_zps8a301f71.jpg

null_zpsb739ad5d.jpg

null_zps80120bd7.jpg

Last edited: