First timer...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, although I have to say once she had her coffee she actually asked if she could drive it. I nearly fell over lmao. Shes never shown any interest in anything RC. I'm guessing its just cuz its a huge kit? She gonna be back to complaining though once she finds out I have like another $2500 in RC kits/rollers/batteries/parts coming lol. I came in to a few extra bucks lately so I kind been on a binge trying to buy back a lot of the stuff I sold off when I thought I was never gonna get back in to RCs lol.

I'm hoping theres not some sort of hidden issue with it cuz it seems awefully loaded for no more than I paid for it but that being said it doesn't look like its been abused so I'm hopeful :)
I can't even test it out yet though. I gotta order some EC5 or XT90 plugs (my understanding is that either plug is compatible with the IC5 Spektrum connectors) so I can make some adapters to fit my deans. Normally Id just solder some deans on it but with a kit this size I may run it a few times and decide its to big and want to resell it so I dont want to chop anything off of it just yet until I'm sure. :)
EC5 work just fine with IC5 connectors. My Kraton 6s has the stock IC5 connector and all my lipos have EC5 on them. Just plug em up and away I go.

Ok, I got one run in before it got dark!!! This thing is stupid! 2 of the new 4S lipos I ordered dont fit in the battery trays...Theyre too long. o_O I just stuck two 2S packs below it so the 4S could rest on top and then just strapped em all in :)

My wife took a little footage, I'll post it up tomorrow. I dont have time tonight. Its not very good footage anyway. IDK why but my wife is a terrible camera woman lol.

Btw, dont hit yourself with a 1/5 scale kit...I swear for about 3 minutes I was wondering if my foot was broke lol. Cut to close to myself...wont do that again lol.

That thing had these LiPos good and warm!
20210520_205142.jpg

I gotta believe I have one of the best wives ever "not the mother of my kids". She totally understands what I went through and sacrificed for my kids raising them on my own and I had to do without. She tells me every time I want something to just go buy it because its my turn...;) You should see all the guitars hanging in my house... :D

I gotta believe I have one of the best wives ever "not the mother of my kids". She totally understands what I went through and sacrificed for my kids raising them on my own and I had to do without. She tells me every time I want something to just go buy it because its my turn...;) You should see all the guitars hanging in my house... :D
Thats awesome. My wife is really great too. She pretty much doesn't like or doesn't understand everything I like or do but she gives me space to be me. :)

Back