First timer...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I decided to get an ARRMA because theyve really blown up since I been away from the hobby and I stumbled across THIS!

I wanted a 1/5 for a long time back when I first got in to it I lived in an apartment and had no room to store or work on a 1/5. 1/8 is hard enough. I really wanted a Losi 5ive back when they first came out. Well they seem to have a cult following but for the most part they seem to have fallen off. But everyone on the internet is talkin bout the Kraton so I started to look at the 4S version just to test the waters but then I manage to get a pretty good deal so I guess I'm all in and killing two birds with one stone. :)

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it once you receive it!

So I decided to get an ARRMA because theyve really blown up since I been away from the hobby and I stumbled across THIS!

I wanted a 1/5 for a long time back when I first got in to it I lived in an apartment and had no room to store or work on a 1/5. 1/8 is hard enough. I really wanted a Losi 5ive back when they first came out. Well they seem to have a cult following but for the most part they seem to have fallen off. But everyone on the internet is talkin bout the Kraton so I started to look at the 4S version just to test the waters but then I manage to get a pretty good deal so I guess I'm all in and killing two birds with one stone. :)
That was a good deal nice job man👍👍

When's is the "Bat" supposed to show up. I like that wing it different looks good I couldn't wait till the X got here after I ordered it. The 5th scale is silly big. Wanted one a long time.like you said the room that needed. The wife just went "really" LOL

That thing is a beast!

We're gonna need lots of pics of all the bling that was added onto it.

This was the look I got when my wife got up and saw the new kit :hehe:

20210519_190401.jpg

The seller says theres an aftermarket servo in it and he sent the original which is supposed to be brand new. I havent had it apart to see what kind of servo they put in it tho.

Yeah, she looks about as impressed as my wife would have been. Then she would have gave me that look that's says: "really?....... another toy car?"

And that is the very look I get lol 😆😂 all the time

Thats alot of goodies buddy nice take

Yeah, she looks about as impressed as my wife would have been. Then she would have gave me that look that's says: "really?....... another toy car?"
And that is the very look I get lol 😆😂 all the time
Yup, although I have to say once she had her coffee she actually asked if she could drive it. I nearly fell over lmao. Shes never shown any interest in anything RC. I'm guessing its just cuz its a huge kit? She gonna be back to complaining though once she finds out I have like another $2500 in RC kits/rollers/batteries/parts coming lol. I came in to a few extra bucks lately so I kind been on a binge trying to buy back a lot of the stuff I sold off when I thought I was never gonna get back in to RCs lol.

Thats alot of goodies buddy nice take
I'm hoping theres not some sort of hidden issue with it cuz it seems awefully loaded for no more than I paid for it but that being said it doesn't look like its been abused so I'm hopeful :)
I can't even test it out yet though. I gotta order some EC5 or XT90 plugs (my understanding is that either plug is compatible with the IC5 Spektrum connectors) so I can make some adapters to fit my deans. Normally Id just solder some deans on it but with a kit this size I may run it a few times and decide its to big and want to resell it so I dont want to chop anything off of it just yet until I'm sure. :)

Yup, although I have to say once she had her coffee she actually asked if she could drive it. I nearly fell over lmao. Shes never shown any interest in anything RC. I'm guessing its just cuz its a huge kit? She gonna be back to complaining though once she finds out I have like another $2500 in RC kits/rollers/batteries/parts coming lol. I came in to a few extra bucks lately so I kind been on a binge trying to buy back a lot of the stuff I sold off when I thought I was never gonna get back in to RCs lol.

I'm hoping theres not some sort of hidden issue with it cuz it seems awefully loaded for no more than I paid for it but that being said it doesn't look like its been abused so I'm hopeful :)
I can't even test it out yet though. I gotta order some EC5 or XT90 plugs (my understanding is that either plug is compatible with the IC5 Spektrum connectors) so I can make some adapters to fit my deans. Normally Id just solder some deans on it but with a kit this size I may run it a few times and decide its to big and want to resell it so I dont want to chop anything off of it just yet until I'm sure. :)

Oh thats got to be killing you not able to run it. I'm sure you will be fine fingers 🤞. Nothing like driven a 5th scale thought my maxx 3.3 made me smile 😃 it a whole other adventure yea man. I need a good shopping spree lol those are always a good time

Oh thats got to be killing you not able to run it. I'm sure you will be fine fingers 🤞. Nothing like driven a 5th scale thought my maxx 3.3 made me smile 😃 it a whole other adventure yea man. I need a good shopping spree lol those are always a good time
Yeah, I may not be able to wait for the adapters. lol Theyre supposed to be here Sat but I might not be able to wait

Yeah, I may not be able to wait for the adapters. lol Theyre supposed to be here Sat but I might not be able to wait

Oh man that's like forever from now to look at it. And sure by now you went over everything and just waiting on the connectors. Oh man
I give you credit lol 👏🤣😂

LOL, well dont applaud just yet cuz I may not make it till then. lol

EC5 and IC5 are supposed compatible and I've seen them used interchangably quite a bit in the FB groups I'm in, the IC5 just has the center post for the smart technology.
was really surprised i met my wife when i was taking an extended break from RCs, then a few years of being together found them in the shed and got them back going.
now she has a few even!
that is a very impressive score you got, especially with everything upgraded that some were having issues with like the chassis and the RPM arms.
from what i've been able to understand the Deans connectors are not going to be sufficient though for that much current. for charging i woudl think should be fine, but I've seen quite often that Deans won't be able to stand to the current draw and will heat up and can melt the plastic connector.
in my experience also the EC5s hold up really well to not coming undone while bashing. didnt happen often with deans, but still happened, where with the EC5s it takes a bunch of good hits for them to start workign loose.

We'll see what happens. Everything I have is deans so I really dont want to change over to a new plug but if they dont hold up then maybe Ill just have specific batteries for the K8S.

Thats awesome that your wife is in to it.

Back