Quick question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, I bought a Tmaxx roller. Still haven't received it. I am going to assume it is the 2002 4910. All I need to know is do the traxxas 5147X nuts fit the wheels/axle shaft. I see the wheels but no nuts in any of the pictures so I'm going to order them ahead of time.

Here is a link to the roller I bought, tell me what you think. What should I change? I'm going to assume that air filter is not a very good one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-T-Maxx-roller-rolling-chassis-Servos-Tires-and-Body-/150978629228?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=XqKPfGeyFnzGfTYMykKGI5Jm7ps%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Goodbye air filter! The rest looks ok, but I would also consider an aluminum pipe.

For the time being I'm going to put my trx .15 pro in there. It has a aluminum nitro 4-tec exhaust on it. I also have a resonator for my 2.5r that is going in the Tmaxx come spring time.

You also will want bulkhead braces and at least a front bumper or the bulks and shock tower will not last long.

I have been looking into strengthening the truck as a whole. I didn't see the bulkhead braces on the rpm website, Thanks. Does anyone know what nuts I can use for the wheels?

Use the Traxxas 14mm locking nuts

Thanks! Can someone clear this last thing up for me. The tmaxx has 14mm wheels but you use 5mm nuts? Am I missing something here?

14mm is the size of the hex attached to the stub axle that fits the wheel hex.
5mm is the thread size on the stub axle that the nut screws on to.

I'm confused now about which Tmaxx I have purchased. Is this a converted original .15 (narrow) max? or is it the 2.5 wide maxx? 2002 or 2008 2.5? How can I tell the difference. The seller said it is a 2.5 Tmaxx but there are 2 2.5 Tmaxxs. There is a link to pictures of the Tmaxx in my original post.

:whhooo:Looks to be a #4910 model wide maxx, It is the #4910 black case trans. I think the newer 2.5 tmaxx had the grey case trans.
:D

High Speed Low Drag

I have a matching tuned pipe for the trx.15 if interested

transmited from a mobile communications device

It actually looks more like the narrow chassis 2.5 model. Hole where exhaust exits downwards thru chassis and smaller a-arms axles and hub carriers. Only the 3.3 newer versions have a grey transmission. All the .15pro and 2.5 also 2.5R versions host the same black trans with reverse.

I would ditch that filter and carb, I can almost bet you thats why its a roller FS :hehe:

It actually looks more like the narrow chassis 2.5 model. Hole where exhaust exits downwards thru chassis and smaller a-arms axles and hub carriers. Only the 3.3 newer versions have a grey transmission. All the .15pro and 2.5 also 2.5R versions host the same black trans with reverse.

Not true I had a new 2.5r maxx had the grey trans stock. I bought it new from LHS.

Yeah, see my understanding was the narrow, older maxx has the hole for the exhaust in the chassis. But I also read that the 2.5 max has multiple holes in the shock towers for different suspension choices which I see in the picture. I read the narrow Maxxs tip easier. What can I do to widen it out if it is the narrow maxx?

Just buy the extended suspension,ie..control arms,turnbuckles,axles,axle carriers,..I also have a full set of these if interested

transmited from a mobile communications device

Can I measure the chassis when I get it in the mail so I know 100%? Is that the only real way to tell?

The suspension arms on that truck are not from the narrow pro .15 truck. The narrow arms are alot stubbier than yours. The shock towers are not from the older pro .15 narrow truck either. The narrow maxx shock towers are open in the center, yours has the cross braces. I will post some pics of the difference if you would like me to. I have the narrow arms and shock towers laying around. I just converted my nephews truck to the wide maxx. If it was me I would upgrade the axle carriers to 3.3 with 3.3 axles. If it does not have sealed diffs i would upgrade those also to 3.3 diffs or brushless diffs also. Hope this helps. Also the chassis would have been drilled for your thottle post. the old narrow maxx .15 truck was not setup with this throttle linkage.

here are the pics of the maxx parts

View attachment 12205 one on left is narrow pro .15 truck, one on right is a 2.5 wide maxx arm

View attachment 12206 one on left is 2.5 maxx chassis, one on right is narrow maxx pro .15 truck

View attachment 12207 tower thats without brace in center is from a narrow maxx truck, tower with brace is a wide maxx 2.5 truck

Last edited: