EazyRC 1/18 Arizona

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Gotta love these random Chinglish names!

My Arizona, aka Jeep Wrangler, arrived on Sunday. The details on this sub $100 rc is pretty impressive. Just like it's brethren: the Patriot, aka Toyota 4Runner. Which arrived on Saturday. However, unlike the Patriot, the Arizona does not come with a detailed interior. All the "glass" are heavily tinted, including the front windshield.
First run with the Arizona was not presently surprising like that with the Patriot. It rolled quite a bit. Kind of surprising, considering the Patriot has more body accessories, like a full interior and a roof rack. Besides being top heavy, it seems like the shock springs are way too soft. Another disappointment, compared to the Patriot, is that the hood is held down with tiny plastic latches rather than magnets.
A bit of modifications will have to be utilized to get this rig to run better.
1114211451.jpg
1114211451d.jpg
1114211618.jpg
1114211618d.jpg
1114211621.jpg
1114211623.jpg
1114211632a.jpg

Last edited:
She sure is purdy though! Are there any mods available for these yet?

Looks good, but those fender flares and gas cap needs black.

Last night I started some mods. First order of business is to add weight down low. The wheels are plastic beadlocks but really have no room for external weights, so I went inside. I cut and glued lead strips to the inside of the wheels. This added about +40grams of weight down low. I could double this weight of I'm willing to put in a lot more tedious work of cutting up the lead into a bunch of tiny cuts. We'll wait and see if this will be necessary.
There is a floor pan that looks to also provide structural support. I come to discover that this floor pan is actually fairly thick, when I was boring out large holes to lose some of that body weight. Lastly, removed all the shock springs and significantly stretched them out to get a stiffer suspension.
After a quick test run, it appears the mods had greatly improved on the rolling issue.
1115212027a.jpg
1115212028a.jpg
1115212028c.jpg

Looks good, but those fender flares and gas cap needs black.
Already on the to-do list 😉

Nice, My FJ also has a friction fit rather than magnets in the hood, but that will be an easy fix. I was surprised when I saw your Patriot had an interior, My FJ does not. Good thinking on the springs and wheel weights. If I can shake this cold I will be able to focus more on mine.

Nice, My FJ also has a friction fit rather than magnets in the hood, but that will be an easy fix. I was surprised when I saw your Patriot had an interior, My FJ does not. Good thinking on the springs and wheel weights. If I can shake this cold I will be able to focus more on mine.
I hear modding is an effective form of COVID treatment.

Heck, if I was like the rest of the office I would take two weeks off for it, and have lots of play time. Just can't bring myself to do it. Stupid morals! :mad:

Heck, if I was like the rest of the office I would take two weeks off for it, and have lots of play time. Just can't bring myself to do it. Stupid morals! :mad:
SquarePants!

😉

Yeah, mine constantly dictates me to do the dang right thang!

Just finished my test run, on the home courses, with the new mods. Big improvement from the stock setup, in regards to roll overs.
I ran it today without the bumpers. Much, much improved approach angle. The front bumper runs nearly the width of the vehicle, and it is set way, way too far forward. I think I'm going with the same diy bar bumper I did on the Atlas, using a plastic clothes hanger.
1116211615_HDR.jpg

20211116_173554.jpg

"Off in the distance, a lonely boulder has tumbled away from the quarry, and caught the gaze of the Arizona. Ever so slowly, the Arizona creeps closer, ready to navigate and conquer the lonely boulders' inclines. Using the dense vegetation as camouflage, combined with the poor eyesight of the boulder, the Arizona is able to approach the boulder completely unseen in the blanket of the approaching darkness of night."

Great photgraph brother!!!😉

Last edited:
View attachment 136734
"Off in the distance, a lonely boulder has tumbled away from the quarry, and caught the gaze of the Arizona. Ever so slowly, the Arizona creeps closer, ready to navigate and conquer the lonely boulders' inclines. Using the dense vegetation as camouflage, combined with the poor eyesight of the boulder, the Arizona is able to approach the boulder completely unseen in the blanket of the approaching darkness of night."

Great photgraph brother!!!😉
Thanks, Brah!

That's some good writing there! I felt a lot of empathy for that poor boulder.

That was just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that wicked cool photo 😉. You have an eye for photography, and awesome composure 👍

Looks like somebody needs to sharpen a mower blade! 😁

For the bumper, maybe some threaded rod and custom cut two L or one U bracket.

That was just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that wicked cool photo 😉. You have an eye for photography, and awesome composure 👍
Nah, I just take about 100 pics and hope to get a few lucky, decent shots 😁
Wow, the first thing I noticed, was the tips of the grass, you need to sharpen your mower blade. :banana::banana::banana:
You already know I'm lazy!

Once the lawn tractor goes, I'm just gonna get a goat to take care of the lawn. 🐐

Once the lawn tractor goes, I'm just gonna get a goat to take care of the lawn. 🐐
You had the opportunity to come back with "you can't sharpen a goat's teeth very easily, but I'll try". You missed your chance now 😜

Nah, I just take about 100 pics and hope to get a few lucky, decent shots 😁

You already know I'm lazy!

My dad wants a tractor when he gets a bigger yard and I'm constantly trying to talk him away towards a zeroturn.

My grandfather back in the day talked about a guy in Japan mowing the yard on his hands and knees with a sickle. I couldnt imagine, and I've had days of weddeating jungles and ditches.

I'm starting to like the smaller scale. I'm afraid a hawk would take mine.

My dad wants a tractor when he gets a bigger yard and I'm constantly trying to talk him away towards a zeroturn.

My grandfather back in the day talked about a guy in Japan mowing the yard on his hands and knees with a sickle. I couldnt imagine, and I've had days of weddeating jungles and ditches.

I'm starting to like the smaller scale. I'm afraid a hawk would take mine.
I have a 15yo Craftsman lawn tractor, that's never had any servicing done to it. I've replaced the blades and the belts only once. Still runs and cut great, so no thoughts of even replacing it.

Last edited:
Back