Dual Motor Rustler 4x4 Or Slash 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello, quick question I’ve seen some people do dual motors in slashes could I also do that in my rustler if not where can I buy the dual motor mount for the slash?

Well the rustler 4x4 has the same chassis as the LCG chassis for the slash 4x4 so dual motors should fit either car. Not sure on how to mount dual motors.

Found this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:798162
Oh really I had no clue they where the same chassis, I did see that but 3d printing it wouldn’t be great because it would probably snap, I was wondering if any company’s made one
Also would the E-Maxx dual motor mount fit?

Looks like the Emaxx mount should be able to work. With dual motors you would need one motor to go CCW and the other going CW so one motor isnt going in reverse while the other is going forward. Also you would have to find a power system that can do dual motors. Well he is also running escs for each motor in the video.

The stock slash 4x4 has a HCG 4wd chassis. The rustler 4x4 has a 4wd LCG chassis which you can install the 4wd LCG chassis on a slash.

Looks like the Emaxx mount should be able to work. With dual motors you would need one motor to go CCW and the other going CW so one motor isnt going in reverse while the other is going forward. Also you would have to find a power system that can do dual motors. Well he is also running escs for each motor in the video.

The stock slash 4x4 has a HCG 4wd chassis. The rustler 4x4 has a 4wd LCG chassis which you can install the 4wd LCG chassis on a slash.
Ok, he said to reverse the spur gear why would that matter?

Ok, he said to reverse the spur gear why would that matter?
IIRC each side of the spur gear is a bit different from one another. I would assume it has something to do with making the spur gear line up better with the pinions.

The thing I'm interested in is why you want to put two motors & ESCs in it. Is it just to say you did it or is there something you're hoping to achieve by doing it?

IIRC each side of the spur gear is a bit different from one another. I would assume it has something to do with making the spur gear line up better with the pinions.

The thing I'm interested in is why you want to put two motors & ESCs in it. Is it just to say you did it or is there something you're hoping to achieve by doing it?
Just want to turn it into a temporary speedrun car but it would be cool too, I don’t have a lot of money, I have 2 VXL3S systems so I figured it would be better than spending $200+ on a motor and ESC because that would take a while if saving

Back