Down to three Trucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Ok I finally got my off-road Track/Trail Finished. It is a pretty good size track (Don't know the specs right off) The lanes are the width of a Bobcat bucket. You can see the Terrain type in the pics. That said I'm down to two Trucks The Senton 3s blx, Mojave 6s, or the New 4s Mojave. I'm wondering which one of these will give me the best all around Basher For my My Trail?
20231207_125743.jpg
20231207_125819.jpg
20231204_141100.jpg

In my opinion, get a Tekno SC410 2.0. And your track is a nice size, but it needs packing.
I already have a Tekno 410.3 converted. Don't really want another Tekno. Wanting something different. Also I don't have anything to Pack the track down with. It's just an old rugged off-road Trail/Track.

I didn't have a great experience with the Senton 3S motor mount/slipper setup...

I think the Associated SC10 Pro 4 is a better buy... no experience with the other two Arrmas, but good luck with your choice.

I didn't have a great experience with the Senton 3S motor mount/slipper setup...

I think the Associated SC10 Pro 4 is a better buy... no experience with the other two Arrmas, but good luck with your choice.
I've never had any Arrma or AE cars. Always been a Traxxas and hpi guy. Then I bought the Tekno.

Nice looking track. I have a backyard full of Red Cedars so I'm envious.

Your track looks too rough for a 1/10 truck and too tight for a 1/8 truck. I think a 4s Arrma would be a good fit. A smaller footprint and 3.8 wheels.

Your track looks too rough for a 1/10 truck and too tight for a 1/8 truck. I think a 4s Arrma would be a good fit. A smaller footprint and 3.8 wheels.
I don't think the Mojave 4s is a small vehicle. Everything I've read says there's not much difference in it and the 6s

I've never had any Arrma or AE cars. Always been a Traxxas and hpi guy. Then I bought the Tekno.
I like the Slash 4x4. but I replaced the slipper in mine with a center diff ($50), and like it even more that way. The Associated comes with a center diff, which is why I think it's the better buy.

Track looks great! Real dirt:banana:.

Any 1/10 scale truck or larger RC, and you'll be fine. Heck, I'd probably even run 1/10 scale buggies and stadium trucks on that track. I got rid of my 1/10 scale buggies, because my track was getting a bit too rough. I can't really tell the bumpiness of your track, but to be on the safe side... anything 4wd short course truck and larger would be your best bet. The larger and heavier... the better IMO. I use my Kraton EXB to break up the dirt on my track if it has been not used in awhile. That's the heaviest RC I own... takes the rough stuff/bumps/ruts with ease :thumbs-up:.

For me, I would not worry about smoothing things out. After a few days of consecutive running your RCs on there, and things will take shape. The wood/log guidrails gotta go if doing anything with substantial speed. Enjoy all the aspects of an off-road RC on you track... put them shocks to use!

Track looks great! Real dirt:banana:.

Any 1/10 scale truck or larger RC, and you'll be fine. Heck, I'd probably even run 1/10 scale buggies and stadium trucks on that track. I got rid of my 1/10 scale buggies, because my track was getting a bit too rough. I can't really tell the bumpiness of your track, but to be on the safe side... anything 4wd short course truck and larger would be your best bet. The larger and heavier... the better IMO. I use my Kraton EXB to break up the dirt on my track if it has been not used in awhile. That's the heaviest RC I own... takes the rough stuff/bumps/ruts with ease :thumbs-up:.

For me, I would not worry about smoothing things out. After a few days of consecutive running your RCs on there, and things will take shape. The wood/log guidrails gotta go if doing anything with substantial speed. Enjoy all the aspects of an off-road RC on you track... put them shocks to use!
Thanks! Yeah I may just get couple rolls of drain pipe just to put in the corners so I can see them and be done with it. But dang that pipe is expensive! I had this stack of wood and thought I'd put it to use.

And I think I'm leaning toward that Mojave 4s people are saying there's not much difference size wise than the 6s. And for the price it's probably a decent truck. I just don't want to save 130 bucks by not getting the 6s and then turn around and put that back into upgrades. If I'm gonna have to do that id just as well go 6s

Last edited:
Well I bit the bullet and ordered the Mojave 4s! I was out and back but I just couldn't justify paying 130 more for the 6s. Plus I got 20 coupon so got the 4s for 479.

Wood love some of that cedar! Do the bed on my proline 66 k10 with it!

Well I bit the bullet and ordered the Mojave 4s! I was out and back but I just couldn't justify paying 130 more for the 6s. Plus I got 20 coupon so got the 4s for 479.
Look forward to a report on that. That 4s Mojave is really speaking to me.

One of the new generation RC Rock Racers might be a good fit for your track?

Seeing your track put me in mind of the track I built on the side of a hill when the Army had me posted to Korea 1999. Back when I first started in RC with a Kyosho Tracker MT. It was more a hillclimb track but was still loads of fun - comeback vines and all.

Good luck with your track. My humble opinion, leave it rough and tune to it. Cheers. 'AC'

[image is from top of RC hill looking down to backyard of my quarters, Yongsan South, Seoul, Korea. Good RC memories.]

IMG_20200713_0001_Korea RC Hillclimb.jpg

Seeing your track put me in mind of the track I built on the side of a hill when the Army had me posted to Korea 1999. Back when I first started in RC with a Kyosho Tracker MT. It was more a hillclimb track but was still loads of fun - comeback vines and all.

Good luck with your track. My humble opinion, leave it rough and tune to it. Cheers. 'AC'

[image is from top of RC hill looking down to backyard of my quarters, Yongsan South, Seoul, Korea. Good RC memories.]

View attachment 176805
View attachment 176805Thanks for your service!! And I went ahead and ordered the Mojave 4s. Hopefully I made a good choice

+1 for TEKNO, any other RTR option will be a disappointment
BullShi$t!!! I've got a Tekno and RTR and my RTR is NOT disappointments. Teknos has issues ad well as the rest of them, you gonna have to fix things on them all including Tekno!

Back