Down to three Trucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My slash barely makes a race while I can win one if I had a tekno or losi. Just saying.

My slash barely makes a race while I can win one if I had a tekno or losi. Just saying.
Well I don't race so I don't have to worry about winning anything. I just have my fun on my Backyard Off-road Trail

DavidB1126 said:

Unless your (not RTR) radio glitches and sends your car into the wall... :happy: stuff can happen regardless of make, model or use.

Unless your (not RTR) radio glitches and sends your car into the wall
not my fault that I was a cheapskate and went with a no name brand china company 😅.
My old traxxas rtr radios had alot of problems just like that, but the failsafe would actually work on those.

What is a an sct410.3 “converted”……? I have never ever had to fix anything on my Tekno db48. When I first bought it used as an eb48.3 roller sure, it had been bashed and had some bent things, but if I just threw a battery in, it would have carried on no problems. Aside from normal maintenance like you need to do to any platform, the Teknos in this house don’t break a damn thing. Remember me when you replace that rtr servo, or a motor, or have to replace worn out slipper components. RTR= ready to replace. I’m not hating on your choice of truck, just questioning why your Tekno truck has issues that you are not taking care of. Lots of people looking to purchase that .3 right Now……..

What is a an sct410.3 “converted”……? I have never ever had to fix anything on my Tekno db48. When I first bought it used as an eb48.3 roller sure, it had been bashed and had some bent things, but if I just threw a battery in, it would have carried on no problems. Aside from normal maintenance like you need to do to any platform, the Teknos in this house don’t break a damn thing. Remember me when you replace that rtr servo, or a motor, or have to replace worn out slipper components. RTR= ready to replace. I’m not hating on your choice of truck, just questioning why your Tekno truck has issues that you are not taking care of. Lots of people looking to purchase that .3 right Now……..
It's a DB48 which is Built From the 410.3 a DB48 is really nothing more and a 1/8th SCT410.3 with tall tires. And I never said my Tekno had issues. But at some point it will, They all do regardless of Brand. I've been trying to sell it For quite some time but nobody has been serious enough to buy it. So I decided to keep it and put firmer foams in tires. So that's why I didn't go with another Tekno. I wanted something different so I went with the Mojave 4s. I don't want all my cars to be the same brand I like to have a mix.

It's a DB48 which is Built From the 410.3 a DB48 is really nothing more and a 1/8th SCT410.3 with tall tires. And I never said my Tekno had issues. But at some point it will, They all do regardless of Brand. I've been trying to sell it For quite some time but nobody has been serious enough to buy it. So I decided to keep it and put firmer foams in tires. So that's why I didn't go with another Tekno. I wanted something different so I went with the Mojave 4s. I don't want all my cars to be the same brand I like to have a mix.
That’s right you did the nomad cage. I wouldn’t sell it. There’s nothing wrong with having different brands. Once you get it set up well you will really like it, as with anything it’s all about the set up.

That’s right you did the nomad cage. I wouldn’t sell it. There’s nothing wrong with having different brands. Once you get it set up well you will really like it, as with anything it’s all about the
That’s right you did the nomad cage. I wouldn’t sell it. There’s nothing wrong with having different brands. Once you get it set up well you will really like it, as with anything it’s all about the set up.
Yeah it has the nomad cage. Wouldn't mind putting a truck body on it if I knew any 1/8th scale body would work

Well it’s the sct chassis, or did you use the Truggy chassis?
No it's a True DB48 built on the ET48.3 Chassis. You buy the SCT410.3 kit and then the ET chassis, And change a few other of the sct parts out.

I just did the eb48, for the cage I used it was perfect. I didn’t go through all the extra work of the Truggy chassis with the driveshafts n all that. Kept it cheap and simple. It drives so well

I just did the eb48, for the cage I used it was perfect. I didn’t go through all the extra work of the Truggy chassis with the driveshafts n all that. Kept it cheap and simple. It drives so well
Yeah I built a true DB48 with all the bigger driveshafts and stuff. To be honest I wish I hadn't done that and just built the SCT 410.3.

Yeah I built a true DB48 with all the bigger driveshafts and stuff. To be honest I wish I hadn't done that and just built the SCT 410.3.
I don’t actually feel confident in the smaller drivetrain components of the sct would hold up to bigger tires. Too much maintenance

I don’t actually feel confident in the smaller drivetrain components of the sct would hold up to bigger tires. Too much maintenance
Yeah I guess that's why the DB48 calls for those beefier components to take care of the bigger truck and bigger tires.

Back