Doom's TRX-4M Bronco

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I guess I should start a build thread for the TRX-4M Bronco since I've decided to start modding it. I had put wheel weights on it but pulled them out to add 7mm axle extenders so I could use the Canyon Trail tires that the Land Rover uses. They have a lot better traction the the BF Goodrich that came on the Bronco.
You can barely see the extenders because I forgot to take a photo before I put the wheels on and I'm too lazy to take them back off.
PSX_20230122_123836.jpg

I also bought the black chrome Traxxas Bronco wheels, hard to tell thay are black chrome in the photos to replace the stock black wheels, but they look great in person with the Canyon Trail tires.
PSX_20230122_123921.jpg

PSX_20230122_124051.jpg

Also added the Traxxas light kit, they really did a nice job on the light kits for these. The Land Rover was easier but the Bronco wasn't to hard to install.

PSX_20230122_123611.jpg

PSX_20230122_124140.jpg

Added Injora high clearance links. Also went in pretty easy.
PSX_20230122_124345.jpg

PSX_20230122_124302.jpg

Still need to drop in the Furitek motor/esc combo. But that has to wait until I get more time.

Yeah by the time I got a 1 to 1 fully loaded Bronco I could buy a house. I do love them though, gonna have to live with my rc versions.

Pretty cool rig

I hear there are a lot of recalls on them.

That rig is looking sweet @Doom!

Their timing was bad, between Covid, supply and labor shortages and mismanagement, lots of problems as they were rushed to market. My rc's don't have that problem though :)

They look too small for me. I guess I am use to the 80's version.

They look too small for me. I guess I am use to the 80's version.

The Bronco sport is small, built on the same chassis as the Escape and new Maverick pickup. The Full size Bronco is larger and better equipped. A lot of folks confuse the two. When compared side by side the vintage Bronco is very close in size to the new Full size Bronco.

I see them on the road and I can't help but think "Dam those things are tiny!"

I believe the smaller Sports are 4 doors, and the larger standard size are 2 doors.

I recall hearing Ford's recall costs, running into the billion dollar mark 😲

Back