Does clutch bell size really matter on a kyosho usa1 nitro crusher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyoshohouse

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi all i am wondering if anyone has any experience with gearing a usa1 nitro crusher some people say that the Center drive gears ware out at a rapid speed I know some have even changed the Center drive gears for inferno steel ones but i only have the standard ones that it came with now i would like to know What size clutch bell would be better for the job a lower 11T or a higher 15T it currently has the standard 13T but i have a 14T and a 15T all are made by kyosho and are steel as i do want to drive this from time to time with out killing it any help would be great.

Hi all i am wondering if anyone has any experience with gearing a usa1 nitro crusher some people say that the Center drive gears ware out at a rapid speed I know some have even changed the Center drive gears for inferno steel ones but i only have the standard ones that it came with now i would like to know What size clutch bell would be better for the job a lower 11T or a higher 15T it currently has the standard 13T but i have a 14T and a 15T all are made by kyosho and are steel as i do want to drive this from time to time with out killing it any help would be great.
If you want more top speed out of it then go with the 15T. If you want more torque and wheelies then go with the 11T

If you want more top speed out of it then go with the 15T. If you want more torque and wheelies then go with the 11T
Hi sorry about late reply i am not getting notifications. I basically want to go easy on the transmission gears i don’t want it to be a snappy wheelie popping monster on acceleration it only has a gs21 so there’s no chance of that anyway with out locking off the centre diff a softer clutch spring would probably help also so i will try the taller 15T and see how it gets on i will post some pics when its all complete i am working on the centre diff at the moment but heres a photo of where i am up to thanks.
C9246616-07BE-4F1F-8304-B20C1599C2AE.jpeg
2414137F-A56C-431C-808E-0EAB772AF427.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi sorry about late reply i am not getting notifications. I basically want to go easy on the transmission gears i don’t want it to be a snappy wheelie popping monster on acceleration it only has a gs21 so there’s no chance of that anyway with out locking off the centre diff a softer clutch spring would probably help also so i will try the taller 15T and see how it gets on i will post some pics when its all complete i am working on the centre diff at the moment but heres a photo of where i am up to thanks.View attachment 155159View attachment 155158
Sounds like a plan. Definitely keep us posted :)

Will do i have an issue with the Center diff where the diff cup houses a seal but the diff cap doesn’t so i am thinking of modifying which would mean drilling it out to fit the seal so that the centre diff will be completely sealed like the front & rear. Can’t find any one that has a small enough laythe.
2547F541-D834-4604-AC7A-7E4251CB4689.jpeg
3C2BCF34-1E54-47AA-A094-E1024735FA8D.jpeg
A4B2F5F6-5560-450A-ABFF-09A32E9DA08F.jpeg

I would just try putting some real thick diff fluid in it like 500k and see if it leaks. Worst case scenario just run grease in it. Should be fine :)

I would just try putting some real thick diff fluid in it like 500k and see if it leaks. Worst case scenario just run grease in it. Should be fine :)
I am using kyosho’s range of diff grease it comes in little 15g pots it’s like a gel and comes in 1000wt 3000wt 5000wt 15000wt and 30000wt i am currently using 5000wt in the rear 15000wt in the front and am going to try the 15000wt in the centre but like the diff fluid you can get the kyosho grease will leak out if not sealed properly its made a big difference to the front diff it has well more resistance when trying to spin one wheel so this Center diff has been holding me back for a few months now I can’t complete the restoration its a vintage usa1 nitro crusher i think you’ve seen my other threads on it.
14DB6852-E53F-48C1-B2B9-D5252F4AE34F.jpeg
CE615A79-71BC-4C6F-BD1E-DFE93A92E517.png
282372BF-9FDE-430D-BF04-857ED8090F22.png

Have you tried the 30k or even the 15k in the center diff the way it is? Id think that 30K would have a good chance of staying in but if it doesn't get some Associated 500k or 1mil and put in it. I doubt that stuff would leak.

and yes I do remember it from at least one other thread :)