Does anyone own savage xl??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcc123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
If Simone owns a savage xl that you know or if you own one could you tell me about it. Is it a good truck? I might buy one :)

the only consistent complaint about the XL is the 5.9 motor. It, like all nitros, must be sealed before you break it in and it should be checked for leaks often.

other than that, the xl is a great truck.

Mine runs great never even sealed it. They can really take a beating.

I've got an XL, and love it. Sealed the motor up, just recently. Other then that I've had it 10 or 11 months and use it when its warmer then 20 degrees out side. Never had any issues with it what so ever.

xl is a good soild truck if u plan on running it in the cold seal the engine or take it 2 a local hobby shop with a guy that really knows how to tune because most factory motors are dogs....if your going for st8 bashing you can't go wrong with stock savage if you want more speed then id go for losi xxl but they can't take the beating a savage can team associate mgt8.0 is an awesome truck if u get rid of the motor it can take a bashing and still run on street but the 8.0 is a terrible motor