Do you own a LST?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochellcommaj

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just want to know how many people on this forum have an LST?

I've got one too. and it's f*ckn sweet!

I just wanted to get an idea of who had one so I might could find out if anyone has any trouble spots.

Is the number sticker on the electronics the serial number of the truck? I'm just hoping there arent going to be too many quirks with this truck. So far it seems pretty solid. I can tune it to run around 220-230 but when I lean it out a little more, it runs about 250 but it performs sooooo much better. Almost like night and day. Do you reckon 250 is too hot for this engine? Just wondering

do not just tune by temp. temp is a good guideline but you will learn by experience to tune by sound, smoke, performance, what your plug looks like. My mach 26 runs real sweet at 240 - 250. it has about 4 gallons through it and it is still pullin wheelies. When I'm at the track normal temps to about 260-270 with a little leaner setting for racing. Nitro engines perform best right before they are gonna blow up!! sowhen the engine gets to about 245 back down the high speed 1/12 of a turn and you should be
good to go!!

Just bought my LST today. Was debating about getting a Savage, when the Hobby guy pulled out the LST, I like everything, so I couldn't help but buy it. I hope I enjoy this as much as I have other R/C products I own.

:cheers:

Joey

i got mine.. !!

i just got my LST as well , now i have a 2 GS SUT's, 1 storm buggy, one SAVAGE and one LST...i havent started to ride the LST in yet , but i am dying to run it...the SAVAGE and the LST weighs tons compared to the GS'es..how can one make them lighter ?

I've got 2 LSTs. One is in the process of being set-up to race with aluminum arms all the way around, threaded shocks, aluminum diff cases, LST race body and am I'm giving XTMs large sized Rims and tires a shot. It only has four tanks through it.

The other is my basher. I haven't even started that one up yet....

ROACHMAN said:
i just got my LST as well , now i have a 2 GS SUT's, 1 storm buggy, one SAVAGE and one LST...i havent started to ride the LST in yet , but i am dying to run it...the SAVAGE and the LST weighs tons compared to the GS'es..how can one make them lighter ?

You have to remember that you are talking about two different types of trucks. The SUTs are "truggies" while the Savage and LST are MTs....

The SUTs started out life as a buggy design and your SUT could easily be converted back to a buggy. Not so with the Savage or LST. So, no matter what you put on the LST or Savage they will never be as light as the SUTs....

My Lst Is Awesome
I Have A Savage With A Wasp 28 And Its Tough As Nails But The Lst Stock Is Increddible can't Keep It On The Ground With Temps Between 200-220.
The Output Shaft Pin In The Trans Is Somethig To Watch For.
And @9.00 A Pop Definately Invest In The Alum Dif Covers.
Also Use Red Locktite On The Dogbone Hubs

I'm going to FleaBay all my Savage stuff(and I've got a boatload). this used LST I bought is such a better truck overall.:bow:

I have a lst with lst 2 diffs and a lrp .28 spec 3 engine and it is crazy fast. I can full wheelies all day long and it is so much faster on top end. If you ever want a new motor get the lrp, It is a great motor. I am just about to buy a new emaxx and put the new mamba monster system they are coming out with in about 6 weeks.

I've got a fairly modded lst2 and I'm in the process of building two more from scratch. One as a super light racer and the second as a bullet proof basher. Just got radio gear and servos in today so I'll be posting up some more pics of the build.

I'm glad to hear that everyone likes their lst's so much. A friend of mine at work bought one in April of '07, ran less than a gallon of fuel through it and it's sat until now. I got the truck, radio, a couple of ignighters, tool box, peak charger and batteries for $300. He said he spent close to $800 for everything so I think I got a pretty good deal. I like the 1/8 size and it looks easier to work on than my Revo (more room on the lst).

Question though, it's been sitting for several months, is there anything special I should do as far as looking at the motor?

i would get a new glow plug and make sure its oiled up good with some wd or after-run