DIY LED lightbar

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Hey yall so I'm trying to make some sort of led light bar I can attach to my crawler at the grille but I dont have any money atm and all I have at my hands is this things, not sure what to call it. But I think I can make it work, I'm just asking, if I cut 1 strip off will it still work, like if i cut a coulmn of them would they work? I have no idea about all this electrical stuff but any feedback would greatly help. Thanks!

Here is the link of the item and some pictures
https://www.amazon.com/GrandviewTM-Energy-saving-Interior-Reading-Adapter-2PCS/dp/B01LW1D67R?th=1
IMG_20231221_235455.jpg
IMG_20231221_235504.jpg

Don’t know how they are connected, as in which way the “series” connection goes. They could have a parallel and series connection, judging by the 8 thingies/ mosfets on the back…. The 8 rows are possible sets of series connections. The far left row or the far right row on the picture could be the last lights on each string. It is really hard to say though. You can’t see how they are wired so you will never know.

I'm gonna say no. Most will have a cut line and or copper tabs to solder leads. I tried this recently on a light bar thinking it was like the 5050 rbg led strip....... I now have a cool led lighbar case.

You can get lightbars ready to mount and plug In on ebay and Amazon. I see them around $10-15.

Back