Discount R/C - Buyer Beware!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if we both have token ring setups.

K gents,
I'm going to lock this thread.
If another mod feels the need they can move it.

Originally posted by discountman

i have the entire context of this post saved along with all your IP's

LMFAO - All of our IP's huh? Now thats the funniest poop I've heard since Matts was around.

This is the latest e-mail I received from DiscountRCParts after the thread was locked:

lol

i bet it's pretty funny...especially since i have it all. I'm sorry you had to act this way; any person reading the posts will see that I was nothing but polite and respectful as long as I could be. All you did was insult me and enjoy your "assumed" powerful position on the board. sad... just sad.

To bad you're not more professional, it might have been nice to set an example. In any event good luck with your little board and all.

Webmaster
Discount R/C Parts

You know whats funny is "webmaster" (notice discountman NEVER reveals his name) keeps claiming I was told in the first or any other e-mail that I was NOT dealig with DiscountRCParts, when in fact I wasn't. Look at who I addressed the e-mail to "Dear Discount R/C" - his brother answered and it went from there. As I stated in the 2nd paragraph as well:

"So I sent this e-mail to the address shown in the paypal records:" - which of course was this shared paypal account email address. It wasn't until about the 4-5 page did I mention I emailed both the email address shown in the paypal statement as well as the email shown on discountrcparts.com's site. Along with that the name discountrc was only mentioned TWICE in my first post once stating they advertised here, the second was in my e-mail addressing TO discountrc - no one else, his brother Jason (listed 7 times in the first post and blamed) was the one who replied and continued to go about as if he was DiscountRC.

The saddest part of this all is the fact it ALL could have been avoided if I only received one e-mail that would have taken less then 5mins to type up (shown by Eddy) be it from Jason OR his brother (who still remains nameless). Take care of your customers and they will take care of you!

-Michael

THE SLANDER ISSUE IS NOT AT ALL INFLATED.

I sincerely wish my posts would actually get read...:bling:

I didn't get the money; I or discount r/c did not in any way profit from the direct sale to michael tabor AT ALL! Money goes in the account all the time....if it does not get transferred thenit's just a number on a computer. Again, proceeds from that sale were not disbusred to discount rcparts at all!

so no it's not a strong statement...we didn't get the money. the account was merely a clearing house for this transaction.... not one penny from the sale benfited us in anyway.

I keep trying to tell you guys we didn't do a thing in this.... it's all mike's assumption based on nothing.

Yes, THE SLANDER ISSUE IS HIGHLY INFLATED AND I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY YOUR LAWYER SHOULD BE FIRED RIGHT NOW. His/Her advice is worthless as is your argument you have thus far put forth. Look up the definition of slander and then come back to this website and talk...but until then please save your trite and hackneyed responses for someone with less than 1/2 a brain.

ncnitro....

there is no deception going on.... i own both businesses and I run them as best they run

No, in fact you and your brother are running the business into the ground at an extremely rapid rate...

I have spent a little over $3000 this year and my wallet is just warming up.....

fast eddie... at least i know what i'm talking about...*lol*

unlike...well.....

Actually you have time and time again proved you have no clue how to a) run a business let alone more than one b) provide customer service c) deal with family members d) hire an attorney worth two squirts of rat piss in a bucket e) setup a paypal account according to the terms and conditions set forth under the contractually binding agreement which you must sign that you have in fact read the agreement & agree to the termsf) ship products in a timely manner g) deal with the post office in a timely and effective manner h) construct a concise and effective counter-argument i) use a dictionary...I could use the rest of the alphabet but I doubt you have any clue about that either at this point....

Zoey, bro, this is a dead thread. The dude is long gone. It's good to know that people still don't buy into the dudes BS.

eddie.....

i don't care who you are... or what you do. THE ISP of this wonderful forum can be contacted as well. The fact that you don't believe that a legal case exisits does not negate the fact that it does.

a false statement made in print on the net without a chance for prior rebuttle.

No proof of this company in the deals can be verified

All attempts being made to clear the situation up with the board owner have failed solely due to his inaction.

there is a case and it's getting bigger by the second. Freedom of speech exists ONLY to all individuals to express themselves. When it directly begins to effect the life or livelyhood of an individual or company DIRECTLY, said individuals or companies can be held responsible.

Discountman,

Bingo you hit the nail on the head in this supposed case of yours. You would have to, in a court of law, show that the statements made on this website by an individual or group (take your pick as it is little matter) DIRECTLY effects the life or livelyhood of an individual.

You will not be able to establish in a court of law or anywhere for that matter that what has been said on this board has DIRECTLY effected your life or livelyhood (i.e. just dropping the word lawsuit like we are all going to piss our pants is of little use here or in the court room).

Oh yes and FOR YOUR INFORMATION, the 1st amendment is in full effect here as you cannot directly link any comments made in this forum to a reduction in your business activity which could not be written off as a cyclical fluctuation or better yet a seasonal adjustment. Hell you could even say a reduction in your business is due to a prevailing market trend which has lead to a reduction in inventory production and moreover due to the unemployment rate prevailing in the U.S. we find ourselves in one of the pitfalls of the prevailing economic order in which we find ourselves in. The economic structure being free market capitalism which is commonly plagued failure to provide in the absence of effective demand.

Anyway I digress, discountman, you would need to be able to show direct cause and effect and the legal cases where the first amendment was not protected have in no way presented themselves here in any way shape or form. So please stop acting like you are some big swinging peepee who hails from the bench.

Originally posted by Error401
Zoey, bro, this is a dead thread. The dude is long gone. It's good to know that people still don't buy into the dudes BS.

Oh thanks for the heads up....damn it I wish I would have been here in the middle of things...

Dude, this thread has been argued out completely, that's why there has not been a reply since August 16th, at least until you dug up the grave this morning.

mistakes.jpg

Guess you could say this is an official "live and learn" thread. Good posts BTW Zeoy, it would have been intereting if you'd have been here then.

did woodie ever end up getting that part?? didnt feel like readin the whole thing haha. also u notice how the discountman and his brother both always said *lol* the same way

Originally posted by tbsleeper
did woodie ever end up getting that part??

Did you read the 2nd line of the first post?

didnt feel like readin the whole thing haha.

You didn't feel like taking the time from your life to read the thread but want us to take time out of ours to answer questions that are beat to death over and over in the thread?

The answer to your questions.

YES
YES

Well...this one did come from the grave, but I am glad it was bumped up top.

I'm just getting into the R/C cycle... Fix, break, fix routine. Until I get my vehicles where I want them, there's a ton of coin to be spent.

Seeing as how my LHS doesn't stock much, and is way overpriced. I'm always looking for a better place to shop online. We have an extremely tight budget around here, but somehow We've managed to squeak out around $1100 since dec 20th, 90% of which spent online.

I'm really glad I took the time to read this entire post. The ironic thing is that this guy came here to "lay the problem to rest" so to speak. The only reason I would never send a dime his way, is becasue of the way he acted, and responded here. Things didn't look too bad, until he showed his true attitude and concern about his business, and his customers.

His use of the words, and ideas "company" "clearing house" "lawyer" "LIBEL" *lol* not only proved him to be a tad on the ignorant side(in my opinion). They showed his willingess to toss blame towards big words, loopholes, and his customers. Instead of just saying "Hey sorry for the miscommunication. Can I send you your part overnight?", (maybe toss in a t-shirt and some cool decals as a surprise).

As for not being able to please everyone, you're right. This screenshot here shows that not everyone is able to be satisfied. Then again, I think the majority can be. *lol*

Check out my father's Ebay here. Make note that he also holds down a full time job as a plan engineer at nuclear facility.

fdbk.jpg

Thanks for this one getting up to the top. I'm glad this guy let me know EXACTLY what site to avoid. I'm glad he decided to show up. His site looks just like a lot of others out there. If I ran across his site, without reading HIS comments here. I could have been upset customer #009981

*edit* They should have a "hall of fame" forum. A archive forum just for threads like this.

Wouldnt that be a "Hall of Shame"? I think its a good idea, we could add KHB to the hall of shame as well. Its because of this thread I did not order parts from these guys when I actually almost did.

I have officially closed this thread and at this time don’t see any reason to reopen it. However I’d like to reply to some posts that have built up in this thread and the next thread as well as give the “facts” once again as I already did in the very first post in this thread months ago.

This is copied from the very first post in this thread:

UPDATE:

On August 16th I finally received the Proline Steering kit, only 15 days after I sent payment.

Note To Anyone That Cares:

This is a summary more then anything, as well as getting the facts straight.

1. The original deal was between Jason Torres aka Atomikmaxx on eBay. Jason is the brother of Lionel who owns DiscountRCParts AND Continuum Designs.

2. The payment was sent to the Continuum Designs/DiscountRCParts paypal account. I guess his brother uses this aswell making it a three party account.

3. DiscountRCParts advertises here on RCNT - paid by the Continuum Designs/DiscountRCParts paypal account.

4. Given the info I had, the paypal account being the same and the fact the part I purchased from eBay was R/C related just as DiscountRCParts is an online R/C parts store I did assume they where one in the same. After receiving the very unprofessional and rude responses I did take it upon myself to reveal my dealing with the party(s) involved.

5. Lionel took it upon himself to not reply to me via email or PM but instead jump right into a flaming war against me and the rest of the community. Had Lionel stated this was not his dealings BEFORE he posted his flame war the thread would have been deleted LONG before it even reached page 2. Instead the thread turned, and went from me not getting the part I ordered from him brother to a flame war between members here and the way Lionel (owner of DiscountRCParts) conducted himself.

6. I've stated many times the start of the deal was a mistake on my end because I did assume they where one in the same, yet again I make clear this thread ignored the original issue and moved on to the way Lionel runs his business, his actions, and attitude here on the forum.

7. Slow shipping and items being sent back to Jason is not an uncommon practice, just check his eBay feedback.

8. Since the day Lionel registered here I have yet to receive a single piece of e-mail from Jason.

9. This thread gives plenty of reasons of why I will not ever buy from Jason again on eBay, as well from Lionel due to his insults to myself and members of this site.

Now that’s the facts – Yes I did assume the two people where one and for good reason. Yes this could have been handled in a much better way, however Discountman was on a roll of “taking care of things” himself so I felt no reason to stopping him from keep digging. What he and maybe a few others are completely ignoring is the fact that this thread and the other threads didn’t reach pages upon pages of comments because of one deal I had with Discountman’s brother.

The real issue at hand in both this thread and the last thread is the way Discountman presents himself and replies to my comments and the rest of the members comments as well as the way Discountman runs his own business. For example the last thread had nothing to do with such deal, only a problem with which another member has tried to order from DiscountRCParts.com. I’ve yet to read a single post of Discountman’s that doesn’t put down a member in one way shape or form, and he continues to do so even in PM’s that are sent to other members. That Discountman is the problem, the heck with my sour ebay deal with your brother, it’s the way you presented yourself then and the way you do now, that’s the fact like it or not. That’s what you seem to keep missing; no one here could careless about the deal between me and your brother. In fact members really stopped caring as soon as you starting replying.

Now I know you write it off as “protecting” your company and you have full reason to protect your company. However not to long ago there was a thread here on RCNT that Tower Hobbies did not like, but guess what – they did not register here and go down to your level and jump right in with the thread. Instead the president of Tower Hobbies sent me an email asking for the thread to be removed and stating his reasons as to why he’d like it removed. That thread has long been deleted and they didn’t have to go to your kind of lengths.

As far as RCNT losing sponsors where exactly is this proof, have you hacked into my accounting that I don’t know about? The “fact” as you like to call it, is that RCNT is gaining more advertisers. In fact just yesterday morning RCNT picked up yet another sponsor. However let this be a warning to future companies – if you plan on advertising here on RCNT and handle your business in half a way that Discountman does I’d highly recommend you NOT to advertise here. I don’t want your name tied to RCNT in anyway – hence the reason your company discountman will never advertise here again. Companies that run their business in a professional way has NEVER had any problems here – ask our advertisers now, ask them how many times they’ve been bashed in the forums. They haven’t and for perfect reason – there excellent service, communication, and professionalism doesn’t call for a bashing of any kind, only praise.

So in closing I’d like to recap – this and other threads have NOTHING to do with the deal between your bother and I via ebay. Instead it’s got everything to do with the way you respond to members on this forum. Period.

-Michael

Ps. Discountman if you'd like to reply to this thread please PM me, and I'll unlock the thread for your reply and re-lock it after you're finished. You can have the last word.

Woodie and I have reached an agreement in principle and our responses will be the last this post will ever see. Woodie has taken the time to recap the events and i'd like to respond:

UPDATE:

On August 16th I finally received the Proline Steering kit, only 15 days after I sent payment.

Note To Anyone That Cares:

This is a summary more then anything, as well as getting the facts straight.

Some of the items presented past this point are opinions and not actual facts...woodie was kind enough to state that he "assumed" some of them and I thank him

1. The original deal was between Jason Torres aka Atomikmaxx on eBay. Jason is the brother of Lionel who owns DiscountRCParts AND Continuum Designs.
agreed

2. The payment was sent to the Continuum Designs/DiscountRCParts paypal account. I guess his brother uses this as well making it a three party account. incorrect-
there is no shared or joint account for the two businesses. the pay pal account was used at times for affiliates to accept faster payments if needed.

3. DiscountRCParts advertises here on RCNT - paid by the Continuum Designs/DiscountRCParts paypal account. the sole reason the continuumdesigns ( again not a combined account) was used was because we didn't know who ran this site....we didn't feel safe giving out our company credit card number to an individual running the site from home. it's a safety issue. pay pal is safe. the account has also been used to purchase food via the debit card.... what could i say, I forgot my wallet! Pay pal is a payment method...period.

4. Given the info I had, the paypal account being the same and the fact the part I purchased from eBay was R/C related just as DiscountRCParts is an online R/C parts store I did assume they where one in the same. After receiving the very unprofessional and rude responses I did take it upon myself to reveal my dealing with the party(s) involved. not true- mike did not receive rude comments from us at discount.... now he and jason.... well.... different story. again it was an independent sale from a resale account.

5. Lionel took it upon himself to not reply to me via email or PM but instead jump right into a flaming war against me and the rest of the community. Had Lionel stated this was not his dealings BEFORE he posted his flame war the thread would have been deleted LONG before it even reached page 2. Instead the thread turned, and went from me not getting the part I ordered from him brother to a flame war between members here and the way Lionel (owner of DiscountRCParts) conducted himself. very untrue-
We will keep the email on record in case anyone would like to contact us for it. the time index on the email is just barely over 24 hrs before woodie posted this thread. when emails come in that are serious or weird, they get set to the side and require a higher up to review them. in short by the time this email had an initial read to it , this post was us with a full page of replies. I didn't start the flaming.... i walked into it. we have real proof and we encourage you to ask for a copy

6. I've stated many times the start of the deal was a mistake on my end because I did assume they where one in the same, yet again I make clear this thread ignored the original issue and moved on to the way Lionel runs his business, his actions, and attitude here on the forum. this is true because the heat kept moving up thanks to the flaming. All we wanted to show was it was not our sale.

7. Slow shipping and items being sent back to Jason is not an uncommon practice, just check his eBay feedback. fair statement.... things happen. An equally fair statement is that woodie has some issues with sending items that are not as described. look at his feedback under the seller name valuebasement. this is the name he purchased from jason with.

8. Since the day Lionel registered here I have yet to receive a single piece of e-mail from Jason. true- that was my doing. i wanted to try to diffuse the situation and jason is not a diffuser.

9. This thread gives plenty of reasons of why I will not ever buy from Jason again on eBay, as well from Lionel due to his insults to myself and members of this site woodie is within his right to not shop with us. Everyone he claims got insulted did in some part ( through participation) deserve some of it. please read the threads and judge for yourself.

The only real point I have left is that this is in no way us claiming we're right and this board is wrong. The way the thing was handled was wrong, the attacks on us were wrong, the claiming of items as facts when they were indeed assumptions was wrong, but so was our participation. In the defense of our mistaken inclusion something evil developed in this thread and was fed by all. It is with great satisfaction that we close this thread mutually and move forward. Take this thread as it is .... don't accept a summary done for you by either woodie or me. if it matters to you...read it all point by point and judge the real evidence for yourself.

Thank you for the opportunity to be heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back