Dad Idea - Video on why so many RC Tracks are closing down?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main reason why tracks close down is the lack of participants, toy car racing is both way too serious and way too expensive imo.

There was an indoor clay track near me for years that never advertised, it was just kinda buried in a warehouse. They mainly ran samey expensive stuff with only a brief spec-Slash race for the kids.

Hey David in regard to Dad's recommending a vid on track closing:

For purposes of discussion and possibly producing a vid, tracks in the continental US fall into three categories: Local, Regional and National. Track closings or failures vary depending on which category they fall into.

Closing and failure for Local tracks I rate as High. Regional tracks as Moderate. National tracks as Low.

Challenge for a local track is to decide if it wants to challenge for regional or national status or hope for the best with continuing fluctuation in racer attendance at the local level. Much talk is expended on racers supporting a local track. I don't discount this is important. Equally important is a racer commitment to the discipline of racing. At the Regional and National level, racers have already made that commitment. Not so much so at the Local level. That, in my humble opinion, is one of the reasons local tracks have a High closure or failure rate.

-AC

Back