Visit to the local indoor clay track, for the 3rd time. The Track in Gaithersburg 6/19/23

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Made a visit. Well more like a day trip down to the local clay track. I brought the B74 and the slash. First time on the new track layout. Layout is pretty cool and fun. First time using the new traction compound which worked really well on the buggy. Didn't apply it to the slash since I didn't have time. Just went down to have fun, try to get more experienced with clay track, clay setup. 20 dollars for practice all day. Met some new people. Most are just the locals.

B74:

Buggy with the new traction compound. It hooks up pretty good. Just need to put it on 20-30 minutes before going on the track. And if I haven't ran the car in a while, you got to reapply it. That's the only downside. Did not break anything which is good. The only thing I did is the wing broke. I had a spare at home so I got that on. My wings are staying clear for now on.

Slash:

It was alright. Tested it out with the new slicks (JCon Smoothies, with DE Racing wheels) it was ok. Without traction compound you are sliding around everywhere. Deff needed to dial in the shocks and suspension for the clay track.

I packed up and we went out to lunch. We met up with my uncle for lunch. After (about 4:45) we went back to the track for some last laps at the day since dad did not want to drive through rush hour traffic on 95. We stayed there until close at 5:50. During that last hour, me and another kid (same age as me) we were just having fun, just running some laps. Both of us were running 13.5T spec motors. I believe he had a Tekno EB410.2. Pretty nice durable buggy.

Track closes at 5:30 for watering down the track. All tracks and Hobby shop close at 6.

Pretty fun day. I will continue this in my next post, but I really won't be coming down alot since this is alot further from home, and its like a day trip coming down. Also not to mention, it is hard changing from carpet to clay and to carpet setups on the buggy.

Yea very long video. You don't gotta watch all of it ;) I should had trimmed it down. By like 15 minutes. Lol
PXL_20230619_154653643.jpg

PXL_20230619_214106679.jpg

PXL_20230619_214109394.jpg

short course timed practice drivers.jpg

track layout and drivers stand.jpg

Back