Why do you RC???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can completely dig on that I totally agree with the ADD & ADHD even if I’m not wrenching on mine I’m watching biggman wrench on his or my kids n like I’ve said before the kids are autistic with a plethora of other diagnoses I can watch for hrs and watch them wrench for hours and all add and adhd symptoms are nonexistent from a professional standpoint (I’m a certified special needs aid for the state) it gives the racing mind (no pun intended) something to focus on and have a healthy fixation on which can put other harmful fixations and behaviors at bay on even the smallest of a subconscious level no matter the degree of the disorder
this 100%!! you totally get it! my man!!:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up: (also was totally gonna use that picture of Stitch before i seen you had it lol}

This injury that I'm dealing with has brought me back to RC's which started from being bit by Tamiya with my 1st. Rc...the awesome Tamiya Grass Hopper. Man I loved that thing!!!
What part of your spine got injured and how did you get hurt? I am asking because I got injured by slipping on a set of steel stairs and hitting my lower back very hard on the edge of one of these steel stairs. I had terrible pain in my lower back for nine long years which slowly went away with exercise to specifically target and strengthen all the muscles around my spine, so I am just hoping you can try some alternatives before you are forced to opt for the surgery. I still get some off days now and then but most of the time I have no or very little pain. I also had more pain when I slept on a bed or mattress, so for a very long time now already, I sleep on a rather thin sponge mattress on the floor.

I can completely dig on that I totally agree with the ADD & ADHD even if I’m not wrenching on mine I’m watching biggman wrench on his or my kids n like I’ve said before the kids are autistic with a plethora of other diagnoses I can watch for hrs and watch them wrench for hours and all add and adhd symptoms are nonexistent from a professional standpoint (I’m a certified special needs aid for the state) it gives the racing mind (no pun intended) something to focus on and have a healthy fixation on which can put other harmful fixations and behaviors at bay on even the smallest of a subconscious level no matter the degree of the disorder
I bought a WLtoys A959 for my nephew who has OCD, I really hope this will help him to have something else to do. I had a work situation related nervous breakdown and developed PTSD, so the RC hobby on its own being one of the most enjoyable hobbies, helps me with this also.

What part of your spine got injured and how did you get hurt? I am asking because I got injured by slipping on a set of steel stairs and hitting my lower back very hard on the edge of one of these steel stairs. I had terrible pain in my lower back for nine long years which slowly went away with exercise to specifically target and strengthen all the muscles around my spine, so I am just hoping you can try some alternatives before you are forced to opt for the surgery. I still get some off days now and then but most of the time I have no or very little pain. I also had more pain when I slept on a bed or mattress, so for a very long time now already, I sleep on a rather thin sponge mattress on the floor.
1st I'm glad that you are feeling better with your injury. Always good to hear that!

My 4,5,and 6 is what is messed up. I've done PT for 1 1/2yrs and have tried almost all non surgery fixes with no luck (so far).
It's been 3yrs since my injury and the surgeon who I met with has given me 2 options.
Live with the pain and find a pain management regimen that helps.
Or surgery that he says he is confident that he can help the pain that goes down my arm but NOT the pain in my neck.

1st I'm glad that you are feeling better with your injury. Always good to hear that!

My 4,5,and 6 is what is messed up. I've done PT for 1 1/2yrs and have tried almost all non surgery fixes with no luck (so far).
It's been 3yrs since my injury and the surgeon who I met with has given me 2 options.
Live with the pain and find a pain management regimen that helps.
Or surgery that he says he is confident that he can help the pain that goes down my arm but NOT the pain in my neck.
I fear what you are afraid of as well, that fusing these vertebrae together is going to make it worse. I wish and hope you can opt for a disc replacement instead if the vertebrae themselves are not, or not too badly damaged.

I fear what you are afraid of as well, that fusing these vertebrae together is going to make it worse. I wish and hope you can opt for a disc replacement instead if the vertebrae themselves are not or too badly damaged.
Thank you bud!
Waiting on a different doctor right now. Maybe a fresh pair of eyes will have another game plan thats easier to wrap my head around.

I bought a WLtoys A959 for my nephew who has OCD, I really hope this will help him to have something else to do. I had a work situation related nervous breakdown and developed PTSD, so the RC hobby on its own being one of the most enjoyable hobbies, helps me with this also.
For me (disclaimer I have a fairly large collection of medical problems mentally and physically unfortunately) working on the WLtoys buggy’s I’ve had (and plan to have) is therapeutic largely bc they arnt a big name so I’m not scared of screwing it up but they also take a lot …I have screwed up I have over tightened I have put the wrong parts the wrong places heck put the wrong parts on in general n they just take it n keep going it seems now I could have just been lucky but I’ve talked to a few people who have all said the same thing but they also in my experience look right or don’t so you know right away n as an odd side note are even numbered and symmetrical which helps alot with certain ocd I know it does mine but they seem to me and again it’s just my personal opinion but they are a good starter rc to boot
Thank you bud!
Waiting on a different doctor right now. Maybe a fresh pair of eyes will have another game plan thats easier to wrap my head around.
I don’t have personal experience with this but my daddy had the same-ish problem (he was 6’9” and fell 6 stories having an industrial ac unit land on him breaking his back again) and he had a rod put it instead of fusing I don’t know all the circumstances for him or yourself but hey maybe a different option

Last edited:
I don’t have personal experience with this but my daddy had the same-ish problem (he was 6’9” and fell 6 stories having an industrial ac unit land on him breaking his back again) and he had a rod put it instead of fusing I don’t know all the circumstances for him or yourself but hey maybe a different option
Thanks again. I am staying hopeful that a good option comes my way soon.

I don't, and haven't in over 5 years now. I was involved in RC for over 25 years, and then one day just decided I was done and wasn't interested anymore. Still got a garage full of stuff I need to clear out too.
Like what?

One of these days I'll get around to posting some stuff for sale guys, just got a lot of other more important stuff going right now, and don't want to derail OP's thread.
I appreciate that but just to let you n everyone else know I’m pretty laid back I ask questions to start a conversation and if it morphs into something else sweet beans this hobby is as much about the rigs n mechanics ext as it is bout the people heck take a look at the thread bout my drag car self identifies as a stunt truck that went way pear shaped and was and is totally epic I just suggest don’t try to drink anything when you read it if you don’t want it coming out your nose lol

Back