crawler help....thats right I said it...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
lol.

Quick question for Rob or maybe Curtis. On the stock lcc trans and hd worms, would a 3800kv CC heat up too fast? Would be on 3s....Also, would it probably cog like crazy?

Oh so I wouldnt know that? Thanks alot, lol I dont know haha that blows my mind your asking for help lol! :hehe:

3800kv motor may be a little much for the tranny no matter what worms you are using even on 2S.

Losi suggests using either a 21.5 or 17.5 turn motor. A 3800kv motor would be more like a mod motor in the 8.5 range.

Having never ran my LCC using the stock tranny, I really don't know what the outcome would be. I also have not been a fan of brushless systems on a crawler so I can't comment on the cogging since I have never tried it.

Cogging is lame....Thanks Rob, dont wanna waste time and money on the wrong setup, motor wise. Going to be using a sidewinder so can go either way on a motor but I dont see many brushed motors being good enough to work well and stay cool...

I use a sensored 21.5 turn in my Losi MRC and have great power and no cogging on 2s. It's the Novack system for the MRC, btw.

Two of my buddies have the losi's one with a comp crawler and one with a night crawler, both are running a Novak Goat 3S system with 18.5 brushless motors, they both really like this set up, but I think any more then that and you will have issues with heating up the worm gears and tranny, as for cogging it is not an issue for them because there systems are sensored, not sure if it would be a issue with a Sidewinder.

BTW what are you building now???

Its a crawler for my dad. I'm trying to trade for a goat 3s now, have to put pride aside and run a novak lol.

Back