Cooling fan air direction on electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazzzz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
What cools best for the motor on electric monster trucks. Is it best to have the flow blowing down or out away from motor. I’ve heard different theories on this. What is the most efficient,,,,trying to decide... sknaht guys.....

@Tazzzz I would go the blowing down route. Get your temp gun and do a few runs with the fan running in both directions and see which works best for you.

@Tazzzz I would go the blowing down route. Get your temp gun and do a few runs with the fan running in both directions and see which works best for you.

I am with WoodIE on this one I have not tested it blowing away as blowing down has given enough temperature drop that I am happy with just try to get a good fan as some that are included on some heat sinks are not very strong. Try to get a fan that is at least 10mm thick.

Post back with results if you decide to do your own testing.

I am with WoodIE on this one I have not tested it blowing away as blowing down has given enough temperature drop that I am happy with just try to get a good fan as some that are included on some heat sinks are not very strong. Try to get a fan that is at least 10mm thick.

Post back with results if you decide to do your own testing.
Thanks. I have the castle 2028 dual fan setup......I’ll try both ways and see what happens.....

Back