Convert my electic rc to a drift rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Followchia

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I have electric car that i havent had on the road in a long time and i want to pick it back up and get both my cars on the road and looking good. what do i need to do to get it back up and running and also want to do some up grades to it someone HELP!!!!

HERE IS A PIC OF IT

Attachments

• Photo Jan 29, 9 00 31 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 29, 9 00 31 PM.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 80
You can start by giving it a thorough cleaning. :hehe: Then I would try plugging in a battery and test the electronics.

yup i will be doing that next. right after i clean it up. hopefully everything is working but you never know ha

If its a brushed motor, I would also add a drop of oil on the brushes and bushings.

Yep, get it cleaned up and working first. Then you can either buy some drift tires, or make your own with stock touring wheels and 2 inch PVC pipe slid over them. I've often thought about buying a drift car myself.

@hpiguy yup first thing on my list is to clean them up and see what they need to get running if anything. thats all i would need is to get drift tires? i always wanted to either make a drift car or buy one but i have a gas car for speed so i decided to make my electric the drifter.

@mudslinger yea i believe it is a brush motor so i should put some oil on it ? if it is

ohhh okay yea i kinda want to get into the deeper side of it and set the car up correctly

Ya, all you you need is one drop off "3 in 1" oil on the brushes and bushings.

thanks ill make sure to do that. Thanks for the tip i need them

what kind of car is that . looks like one of the ones i have ,kinda

picture.php
[/IMG]

i believe a nitro not really sure been a while since I've even seen these i just pulled them out. i gotta look at the body or see iftheres a name on it

any walmart will have 3-n-1 oil. check the automotive section or near the fabric and sewing machines. either way, wallys will have it

The electric car that i have is a tc associated car . what parts are capable with this car

Back