Clutch bell / clutch gear question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAJ

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have experience with an OFNA Dominator. On this vehicle there are two gears on the bell that drive the two speed transmission. On this vehicle, the two gears are threaded onto the clutchbell, and can be unscrewed as a unit. Is this how they all are? I also have a Savage XL, is the gear threaded on to the bell or permanently attached to the bell.

Are clutch bells universal? Can the be used on different engines?

Thanks

I have experience with an OFNA Dominator. On this vehicle there are two gears on the bell that drive the two speed transmission. On this vehicle, the two gears are threaded onto the clutchbell, and can be unscrewed as a unit. Is this how they all are? I also have a Savage XL, is the gear threaded on to the bell or permanently attached to the bell.

Thanks

I don't believe so,sense they are fixed on the bell,they have to be in sinc with the spur gears.
If you want to change gear ratio,you would have to change both of the gears on the bell.
If you want to change one with out the other ,then you will have to change one of the spurs aswell!

What clutch are you planning to change to?

Not looking to change, just trying to educate myself on how things are beyond my current knowledge. Do the gears separate from the bell, or are the generally a single unit.

Not looking to change, just trying to educate myself on how things are beyond my current knowledge. Do the gears separate from the bell, or are the generally a single unit.

Theres 2 types I believe .A threaded type bell & a fixed type were 2 gears are permenant on the bell.
All of my street cars have the threaded bells,Infact I had just got done having to replace a spur gear on
one But didn't have that size on hand.
I had one that was either a tooth bigger or smaller ,but in order for me to use the spur ,I had to change
one of pinion gears that it rides on to match.
I will take a pic of what I got!
I'm not sure if my MMgt. has the fixed 2 spd bell ,I would have to go see.

Most single gear bells are permanently attached, however some dual ones are detachable.

Thanks

Not "universal", but with shims, many can be replaced with another brand. Sometimes the bell is a bit larger or the gap between the bell/gear is wider or the end of the gear to edge of the bell is wider, so you use shims to move the bell and/or flywheel where you need it.

Back