Chubakas Traxxas Bandit Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a sickening build. Recently I bought 2 bandits for 130$ one ready to run brushed, and other is mostly complete roller, previous owner assembled it from parts. And I had 3rd bandit vxl for a while. I will convert roller bandit to drag car. I already have trinity drag master hole shot 5 turn that I got for black Friday on sale for 40$, and hobby wing quick run 120 that should be ok and drc belted tires.

There is one guy on YouTube, if you are interested I can search for his channel. He made his bandit vxl all stock except tires reach 88mph with stock motor and ESC, and 98mph on bigger motor but STOCK ESC. He is using front wing that he 3d printed and works much better than extra added weight. If you don't have a 3d printer, I have seen similar wings for sale on ebay
That front bumper will provide lifting force, not down force
Nice score! I'm already wanting to build a drag car, both electric and nitro. Trinity is a name I don't hear much. I have a monster hp 4650kv motor paired to the og mamba. That made my mini slash bunny hop. Made that lil booger boogie too.

I have a cr10. I just need to pull my head out and get some motivation to set it up again. I actually have a bunch of stuff to print. The bumper I plan to turn upside down. This is gonna be a replica from Toy Story. Something unique. I plan on a true speed run car with the downforce and weights. Thinking of scale, most likely Arrma. 🤔

Is this said video?

Nice score! I'm already wanting to build a drag car, both electric and nitro. Trinity is a name I don't hear much. I have a monster hp 4650kv motor paired to the og mamba. That made my mini slash bunny hop. Made that lil booger boogie too.

I have a cr10. I just need to pull my head out and get some motivation to set it up again. I actually have a bunch of stuff to print. The bumper I plan to turn upside down. This is gonna be a replica from Toy Story. Something unique. I plan on a true speed run car with the downforce and weights. Thinking of scale, most likely Arrma. 🤔

Is this said video?
Trinity is an old company and they make very good motors with reasonable price for a premium product. In my opinion they are number 1 for stock racing motors, but honestly difference between faster and slower motors for stock is maybe 10 percent at best. For some people that might be huge, but for my driving skills that doesn't make any difference :).

I have different motors in my race cars, trinity xfactor, motiv mc4, tekno gen2, fantom icon torque, savox. Xfactor is by far my favorite out of all. Very good speed in my b6.1 buggy with conservative gearing but super efficient.

Yes, it's that guy. I like his videos, I learned a lot through his journey for higher speed. One thing that I definitely didn't expect is that stock vilenion ESC can push bandit to 98mph and didn't even cut out.

Got some rear tires on. Gonna paint the rims red, and added red shocks and an STRC tie bar.

I need to bore the caster blocks and front arms to fit the hinge pins.

20230511_153356.jpg

20230511_153402.jpg

Man, if I had that front shock mount here I'd design ya some eyeballs 😉 looking great bro.

Thanks.
Eyeballs, I'm assuming like the actual rc and not the shock eyes? If so I am working on that too! I will post pics tomorrow.

I almost want to cut the top bar off. I like the open shock towers. I am gonna mount a light around in there. Might do a cob lightbar off a scx24. Back has a red one also.

Thanks.
Eyeballs, I'm assuming like the actual rc and not the shock eyes? If so I am working on that too! I will post pics tomorrow.

I almost want to cut the top bar off. I like the open shock towers. I am gonna mount a light around in there. Might do a cob lightbar off a scx24. Back has a red one also.
Yeah, RC's headlights are his eyeballs, mounted to the shock tower if I remember correctly.

Oh, I guess they just mount to the body
Profile_-_RC.jpg

New fronts. Got a Flysky gt5 on the way. Rear tires next. She's getting close to hitting the road. I just need to decide what kv for 3 cell.

20230512_175521.jpg

How she sits currently. Another week or two and she will be streetable. Gotta find a cheap Sidewinder, Mamba, or Tekin system. Thinking of a Traxxas magnum 272r tranny.

20230518_142742.jpg

How she sits currently. Another week or two and she will be streetable. Gotta find a cheap Sidewinder, Mamba, or Tekin system. Thinking of a Traxxas magnum 272r tranny.

View attachment 165733
In my opinion magnum transmission is a waste of money. Only 2 benefits are, it's quiet, but who cares. And sealed diff. I don't care about sealed diff either

In my opinion magnum transmission is a waste of money. Only 2 benefits are, it's quiet, but who cares. And sealed diff. I don't care about sealed diff either
You do have a aluminum motor plate for heat and stuff. And a more adjustable motor mount. I would only get the 272R if I was bashing on 3s or higher, or racing at the track. I seen in FB, and people destroy the 272 on 3s and higher. They got the 272R and it's and holds up nicely.
The 272R directly from Traxxas js 140 bucks assembled. I got mine off of Jenny's RC for about 90 bucks. But you do have to put it together and it doesn't come with the bumper mount.

You do have a aluminum motor plate for heat and stuff. And a more adjustable motor mount. I would only get the 272R if I was bashing on 3s or higher, or racing at the track. I seen in FB, and people destroy the 272 on 3s and higher. They got the 272R and it's and holds up nicely.
The 272R directly from Traxxas js 140 bucks assembled. I got mine off of Jenny's RC for about 90 bucks. But you do have to put it together and it doesn't come with the bumper mount.
Aluminum motor plate may reduce motor temperature by degree or two, but that's not even measurable. Magnum transmission does have stronger internals, but regular transmission already has all metal gears, unless it's vintage, they have plastic diff housing. I had 3674 motor on 4s mod 1 gearing with 0 issues in one of my cars. You can fit wide range of pinion gears but even if you don't have enough space, you can easily Dremel plastic motor slot for more travel.

I mean, magnum transmission is definitely better, I have cars with both, but I would not pay over 100$ or even 140$. For similar money i would rather buy another used rc than just a transmission, for example some of the cars I bought in that price range xray xt2 roller for 130, or like new jato 2.5 for 110$, or stampede 4x4 vxl for 130$, or infraction roller for 150$.

But again everyone is different, I have way to many rc in my collection, some people want just one but all upgraded

IMG_20230501_194349431_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220713_003523081_HDR.jpg

I'm interested in the diff tuning option. I've had unlocked, locked, and lock washer. My factory likes to break one tire loose or spin one noticeably faster. I won't pay more then $90 for one. I'm assuming soon all 2wd will have this and the price on it new will drop. The blue motor plate is a plus, and also will snuggly hold that motor tight.

Love the splatter body. Clean nitro trucks too.