Choice of batteies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nb5299973

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Was wondering would either one of these be good for my arrmas granite 3s
1000001007.jpg
1000001006.jpg

Does it work? Yea for sure. Is it the best? Not really, but they will work. Id go higher on the C rating though.

Here are some other good batteries:

Zeee EC5 5200mah 3s 120C
SMC 5500mah 3s 120C
CHNL
Zeee good? I'd say cheap. But they don't belong in that list of "good" batteries.

Just about any LiPo will work just fine. It's really hard to see the quality of a LiPo because voltage drop isn't really noticeable unless you get to the extremes. But Grey's tests showed the Zeee batteries had lot of voltage drop under higher loads.

I'd personally pay just a few more bucks than the Zeee prices and go with CNHL batteries.

Bless me father for I have sinned. I use Zeee batteries and have always used Zeee batteries.
Guess what? I will keep using Zeee batteries.

And then you have those "top shelf" LiPo cells do weird things...
1716652260803.png
1716652324990.png

I'd have no problem running those 60C 3S packs... provided the proper motor is being used. Heck, I'm still running a 50C 4S Zeee packs in my 1/8 buggy (battery on left in 1/20/2020 picture below).
1716653146009.jpeg

Last edited:
If you watch CNHL they always have good sales going. And it looks like Zeee raised their prices. So it makes no sense to buy them when you can get a much better battery for about the same price.
Screenshot_20240525_121830.jpg

Screenshot_20240525_122024.jpg

The ad that you posted is for two batteries and I'm seeing $81.89

The ad that you posted is for two batteries and I'm seeing $81.89
Oh, cheaper with amazon membership. I wasn't trying to show the CNHL are cheaper. Just over $100 for two. But even at $80 for two of the Zeee brand, if you watch sales on CNHL, they will have 15%-25% off, or buy one get one free. You can find CNHL batteries really close to the Zeee prices. I'm sorry. I know you're a fan of those Zeee batteries, but talking with Grey on the phone nearly every day for over a year and a half while he tested batteries, I'd never buy them. They are like the bottom of the barrel from his testing. Voltage under load is pretty crappy, as well as actual mAh vs stated mAh if I remember correctly.

Like I said, they obviously work just fine. But for a few extra bucks per battery, I'll spend that on a much better battery all day long.

And all those Amazon batteries are the same. Those brands just slap their labels on them. So whether you buy Zeee, or Hoovo9, or Goldbat, they're all the same cells.

I've never had a issue with them WF and as mentioned before they outlast me.
It's not rocket science, if you will never buy them then more power to you, for gawd sakes don't use them.
They work for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one here that likes them.
Nothing to be sorry about, I don't really give a crap what his study shows. Its that simple.

I've never had a issue with them WF and as mentioned before they outlast me.
It's not rocket science, if you will never buy them then more power to you, for gawd sakes don't use them.
They work for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one here that likes them.
Nothing to be sorry about, I don't really give a crap what his study shows. Its that simple.
Well, just as you don't care, I kinda do. So any time I see someone recommending an inferior product, I gotta voice my opinion it seems. I'll just shutup.

Yeah I'm done with it also.

Where be best place to get charger for the cnhl battery

Srry everyone I'm new to this and I'm just trying to rebuild this arrmas granite that was giving to me I just gotta figure out which battery and battery charger to get but I'm going with the cnhl battery gotta figure out the charger I need for it

The Hota D6 Pro is good battery charger and you can run a search to get it just about any online rc hobby shop.
The Hitec X2 ACplus is a good one, it's what I use.

I don't race or do speed running, so average batteries have been fine for me. I don't know if I've just been lucky but I've never had a battery thats under performed my expectations. If I can get two batteries for the price of one why wouldn't I. Unless you are into serious competition I just don't see the value.

Some folks say, high end last longer, but I have batteries that still work decent, that are seven years old, as far as I'm concerened, I've gotten my monies worth out of them.

Unless your running your stuff hard every day, then your mileage might vary.

Bless me father for I have sinned. I use Zeee batteries and have always used Zeee batteries.
Guess what? I will keep using Zeee batteries.
I have a Zee 3s, that I bought when I bought the Gen8 Axe, I actually bought two of them when I bought that truck, and I bought that truck back when it launched, around 2018/19 if memory serves. I still have one of those original batteries, and it still works fine, it just doesn't have the same life span it once did, but it takes and holds a charge, and has no swelling, at all. The other one eventually began to puff up, so I took it to the nearest battery store for disposal. Can't say the same for some other batteries I have had.

Where be best place to get charger for the cnhl battery

Srry everyone I'm new to this and I'm just trying to rebuild this arrmas granite that was giving to me I just gotta figure out which battery and battery charger to get but I'm going with the cnhl battery gotta figure out the charger I need for it
RC Mechanics/Electronics section of the forums: What battery charger do you recommend?

Back