Chip's SCX-10 Honcho Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, I told Santa I wanted a SCX-10 Honcho for Christmas and when I woke up this morning there was one under the Chripmas bush. I am going to build this this truck with one thing in mind..... K.I.S.S. and no I don't mean the band, Keep It Simple Stupid. I am going to use the ESC and Servo from a 2WD Slash. For the motor I am going to use 550 can 21 turn Magnetic Mayhem motor from Kyosho for a little wheel speed and fun. I am going to run a 8 cell 5000 mah NIMH battery. The truck will have a 3 Racing winch and 5 1.9 Rok Lox.

102_2549.gif

woo hoo. finaly a new project. can't wait to see/bash

yea, the shelf queen..... we need to get together soon n bash. been way too long

Congrats on the new toy Chip, honestly though, I'm not too excited to see this one, but its not mine so I'll be quiet. Just WAY too many everywhere already in my opinion...

Congrats on the new toy Chip, honestly though, I'm not too excited to see this one, but its not mine so I'll be quiet. Just WAY too many everywhere already in my opinion...

you say that, but its chip. I mean come on. You and i both know there is going to be some crazy ass $#it done to this thing.

Yes, I argee Axial has turned scalers into something that takes 0% talent. They did the same thing to comp rigs also. This is going to be a basher soooo my nice rigs will stay that way.

Got it built...

335.gif

336.gif

337.gif

Pretty sweet that the 3 racing winch is a direct fit on the bumper, but you have got to trim out the front bumper panel some.

338.gif

339.gif

Shot of the Honcho by my Hi Lux

340.gif

Now, I need to hit the LHS for some paint and get this sucker painted up.

I have been being lazy bum. The only thing I have got done is all the electronics in and replaced 98% of the hardware that came with the truck. I changed it out to stainless steel. I just need to order some 2 mm hardware for the bumper, bed, and beadlock rings. I am gonna get everything painted up today.

001-6.gif

002-11.gif

I broke the winch hook about 15 minutes after I opened the package it came in so I replace it with a unit from Garden trucking.

005-14.gif

Got to have a flex shot.

006-14.gif

009-9.gif

008-10.gif

Last edited:
The rok lox look good on it, that might be the next tire I put on my scx.

cool looking truck man.

I could care less if axial made having a comp or scale truck super easy. RC is the only industry where i have seen endless whining about this. Most of the time the consumers rejoice when something that makes everyones life easier come out. A super easy kit that allows for younger kids to start working on something mechanical instead of playing video games gets a thumbs up from me.

We missed this past thursday. :( gimme a shout later on so we can replan.

we had a gtg scheduled.

j/k i wanted him to meet the 3 month old 17lb version of me.

x4, i was almost pissed enough to come taze u. HAHA

Back